clear alternatives vs. volar

06Busaking

Registered
I posted a similar thread a few days ago without the response I'm looking for.

I'm getting ready to cut off the ugly rear wheel fender (or whatever it's called) next weekend. Obviously since I will have no place to mount the turn signals I need an integrated taillight.

I'm looking at two, but keep hearing nothing but good things about clear alternatives. They are supposibely the "best fitting" intergrated tail available.

The brand Volar also sells what "appears" to be the same thing for $50.00 less..

Can someone actually explain why the clear alternatives has a so called "better fitment".
Also to anyone who has a smoke integrated tail, can you see the brake lights and/or turn signals during the day?
I don't want to throw my money away, but at a cost of 70% more I'm not sure why the clear alternatives is better?
Here is the cheaper model
suzuki-hayabusa-integrated-tail-light-smoke.jpg

and here is clear alternatives
CTS-0018-C-IT.gif

I have clear alternatives. People have had varied quality with both CA and all the cheaper options. Be aware it is not DOT approved, so depending on your state may give you inspection issues.

my lockhart phillips tail is awsome fits good. and can see all the light durring the brightest days. if ya want i could get some pictures of it. i couldn't justify the cost of the CA tail either. heres what it looks like on the bike in the day time its cloudy out tho in the pics. looks to fit good to me???
busa10.jpg

busa103.jpg

I went thru 2 clear alternative boards...the leds kept burning out.
I'm on 3rd board but it's lasted a couple of years without an issue.

I believe (it I'm remembering correctly) clear alternatives did replace the board
for me, but...can't remember for sure.

I think I'm the anomaly though...most board members had no issues.

The fitment was good though but wouldn't hurt to try something else IMHO.

I did use the smoke front blinker light covers...they didn't fit bad but I thought
they could have fit a tad better.

I would go with what you thinks looks best and what you can afford. I would also listen to what other members have bought and what their experiences have been.

I have also had issue with the CA leds burning out.I had an issue late last year with a couple LEDS burning out in one of my front turn signals and now almost half of my rears are out.But they have been great with replacement but the rears are outta stock .So i dont think were the only ones with issues.

I went thru 2 clear alternative boards...the leds kept burning out.
I'm on 3rd board but it's lasted a couple of years without an issue.

I believe (it I'm remembering correctly) clear alternatives did replace the board
for me, but...can't remember for sure.

I think I'm the anomaly though...most board members had no issues.

The fitment was good though but wouldn't hurt to try something else IMHO.

I did use the smoke front blinker light covers...they didn't fit bad but I thought
they could have fit a tad better.

x2..im on my 3rd board as well with clear alternatives..

I have the smoked CA on mine. As far as fitment goes, all I can say is the CA fit like it was OEM. I have no expierence with Volar so I can't say one way or the other. As far as the CA during the day, there is no problem seeing them. It is nice and bright.

Back