Clear alternatives tail light

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Got the clear alternative integrated tail light, about 2 weeks old. Was working flawlessly, checked this morning...I've only got half a brake lite/running lite.

Blinkers work normally, but the right half of the tail light is DEAD..rats. Since it was working, sounds like the integrated board problem...

Hope Clear Alt. has good customer service.

They have a one year warranty, I think. Ours are working fine. We installed them a month ago. Maybe you just got a faulty unit. Let us know. It could be a blown resistor on the back of that board.

Don

Or it could be where the friggin wire fell out of the resistor?
rock.gif

I took it out and checked for any loose wires, didn't see any. I'll try plugging it into the other (left) side and see if it matters. Kinda doubt it as it was working just like it is.

Blinkers are fine and not using any resistors anyway.

i say get on the horn to CA right away-those lights are pretty good but they have some dainty electronics on the board that can break off if the guy who did the sauter job wasnt payin attention. I had one like that, broke the brake light last year and blinkers still worked just like yours when I dumped it into a curb...tail light kept flickering on/off after that...
tounge.gif

good luck

So far so good.

It's impossible for any company to manufacture a "0" defect product, to me it's how they handle customer service that sets companies apart.

Contacted CA first thing this AM, they are sending me a new board with a prepaid shipping label to send the defective board back when the new one arrives. It's on it's way today.

Nice  
super.gif

I'll keep you guys informed.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154032310 -->

my brake light flickers also mayeb i should call them and say hey mine is messin up but oh yeah i bought it off a guy on the board oh well

damn.....i just ordered up CA tail/directional annnnd...front turn signals CA leds...do we need a pole to see how many CA tail-light/directional users we have here that "have" or? "have not" had issues with their units failing?

I'm curiouse...cause a failing tail-light here in south florida (retirement village of the north american continent) would get me...well?...dead.
sad.gif

damn.....i just ordered up CA tail/directional annnnd...front turn signals CA leds...do we need a pole to see how many CA tail-light/directional users we have here that "have" or? "have not" had issues with their units failing?

I'm curiouse...cause a failing tail-light here in south florida (retirement village of the north american continent) would get me...well?...dead.
sad.gif
Bill,
I have had mine installed for about a month and live on a dirt road. I would think if it were going to fail it would have. No Probs here.

Don

Have had mine for a while now (> 8 months) and haven't had any problems.

Clear Alternatives deserves an A++ for customer service.

I spoke with them on thursday morning about my light/board...they said a new one would ship out ASAP.

Here it is Saturday, two day later, and the replacement is not only here but installed on my bike already.

Outstanding Clear Alternatives
beerchug.gif

Clear Alternatives deserves an A++ for customer service.

I spoke with them on thursday morning about my light/board...they said a new one would ship out ASAP.

Here it is Saturday, two day later, and the replacement is not only here but installed on my bike already.

Outstanding Clear Alternatives  
beerchug.gif
cool beans...made my day..as i just bought these and am installing them this weekend...

CA.jpg

thanks for the positive report on CA's CS and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back