Almost bought the farm last night

ditchdr

Registered
Got a call yesterday after noon about a bike that I have for sale. I tell the guy I will be busy till around 730 and will be glad to show it to him then.

I get done mowing around 715 and head to the house, he is there with a trailer, guess hes ready to buy(should be awesome price)

I tell him the bike is in storage about a mile from the house, we head over, me following him, seems he has some stuff in storage at the same place.

Well the storage place is right off of Dorchester Rd, speed limit is 45 mph, but if you do 45 you will get run over. Anyhow he pulls in and I throw on my blinker tap the brake a few times just so people will see me before I stop.

All of a sudden I hear skidding tires and they are close. Good thing for me I am in first gear. I give the bike some gas and pop the clutch, I had no where to go, so I pointed for the ditch. Good thing for me Triumph makes a good bike cause I looked like i was racing motorcross when I came out of the ditch, bike was at least 4 foot in the air.. It seemed like it took forever but I know it was only fractions of a second. Soon as the bike lands I hear a second set of tires locking up. I look and a Dodge Seabring has all 4 wheels locked down and is heading right for the Honda CRV that almost hit me. I knew it was comming and then WHAM, the Honda got hit, and hit hard, well I guess it moved the honda foward a little bit cause the dodge hit them again, and this time the cars were locked together.

I drove my bike over to some pavement and made sure no one was gonna hit me and i walked over. before I could get there the driver of the Honda gets out of the car lays on the ground and starts a dramatic show good enough to be a afternoon soap. So there she is yelling and screaming laying on the ground flopping around like a fish. I giggle a little and walk over to the Dodge, girl in the car is maybe 20 to 25 kind of hot, but really shooken up.

I talk to her for a few she seems to be ok, I walk back over to the drama queen, who is now acting like she is going into seizures. So i reach into my bad of paramedic tricks and tell her that her car is on fire.. Amazing that the word "fire" will break a seizure. She stops the BS gets up and walks to the parking lot, lays back down and goes right on back to being a idiot.

At this point i am like ok yeah what ever. About this time the FD has a rig on the way, I can see the lights about 1/2 a mile off. Once they get there I tell them the deal, and let them know i have to go sell a bike but will be right back. I hand them my license so they can have it for the report.

We go and look at the bike, he likes it, hands me cash, I sign the title over, help him load it, and he leaves.

I go back to get my license only to see that a good buddy of mine is working the accident.

Seems the girl who is putting on a oscar deserving performance is now really playing it up for the medics. Hum they much be new cause they are falling for it. Anyhow I wait on my license, but the officer needs my statement. But he has something to do first. Next thing I know the drama queen is in hand cuffs, and heading to the jail house. Seems she had no license, no insurance, and the tags do not go the the car she was in. And she is being charged wit the accident beacuse when she locked up the brakes she went into the other lane ( 4 lane split road) causing the other girl to hit her..

So there you have it,, sold a bike got to see a good show, and made more room in storage. Man never a dull moment here lol

thats too funny. wonder if she kept having seizures in the back of the squad car too...

Great story and glad you got a bike sold and didnt get hurt.

good hear fom you and not fron the news. glad your are okay end that you got the deal done. :thumbsup:

Glad you were not hurt. Glad she was caged since she is evidence of an epidemic of stupid cagers!!

Glad your ok my Brother... That could have been really bad! I use to live on Dorchester Rd in N. Charleston, SC and it always seemed just the opposite to me. Yep, no one ever drove the speed limit, seems I was stuck in a two car traffic jam everyday! Just glad it turned out good for you...

They call you the Ditch Dr for a reason! :laugh:

jk....glad you're ok.

now that was a good read...glad you and the Triumph are ok :beerchug:

Back