almost wrecked last night

papi_ocho

Registered
NOT my bike. but my mustang

I know I know ALMOST only counts in horseshoes and hand genades!

so i'm live in el paso tx
its been snowing on and off for afew days. last night was the worst yet. on my way home around 11 went over a bridge doing about 25mph. at the "apex" of it the rear end breaks free to the left...slight over correction brings the back to the right..lmao.. I ride it out end up going backwards in the on coming lane. the car stopped maybe a foot from the "keep ur a$$" on the bridge divider. didn't hurt anything but my ego.
cause I mean I'm from connecticut. been in plenty of slides. some on accident most created in a controled area.

in the end. it was fun,funny, scary.
I had a heart pounding smile from ear to ear... once the car stopped

cause IM ALIVE!!!

hind sight(20/20 right?)
glad I was the ONLY moron on the bridge
maybe putting 20in rims on my mustang thinking NAH it isn't gonna snow in el paso, wasn't thought out!
glad my dad showed me what else the parking break can do in empty parking lots.

and lasty SUPER SUPER happy the better half wasn't in the car!
Posted via Mobile Device

What year mustang, got any pics with the new wheels? Was thinking of something like that for my wifes car, but maybe 18's.

Have to imagine 20"s in the snow aren't what I would call the pinnacle of handling and control. Glad it worked out this way for ya!

Put some ballast in the rear footwell. It should help traction considerably and watch for those darn iced over bridges in the winter southwest. I've been there and done that.

Low profile tires and snow just don't work. Tough to justify snow tires in a place like El Paso though.

Nobody in the South knows how to drive in the snow....

good job keeping it on the road. time to trade that ford in...

Ford < Audi

0705_z+2007_audi_rs4+snowy_road.jpg

congrats on the free pass go and collect $200...dont take it lightly..good to hear your ok

For some reason, Mustangs are the worst in my experience for any kind of wet or slick traction. rear end breaks loose at a drop of the hat. glad you had fun tho!

Snowing in El Paso... WTF? I'm going out for a ride!

some of u guys r just plain MEAN! how r u gonna go for a ride at a time like this??
TAKE ME WITH U.

AND yes I've been here 2yrs snowed bad twice... snowed for 30mins many times.

and for the non-able drivers in the south comment.

IM NOT FROM HERE!!!! reread my babbleing!!

but thanks for all the warm kind funny words. 12months letf in this city and I'm pulling up chocks and rolling to the left coast!! I hope! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Back