All TRE owners Please help!

busabrother

Registered
Put an unswitchable TRE on a Busa and you will break the engine case when you get 'kickback' from a failed start. And it will happen
Much more potential is created in a cylinder with the 5th gear advance.

I want to put oine on but is this possible

This is something I had heard as well from a Buddy. He was highly recommending a switchable TRE, FWIW....

I put in the poor mans TRE (resistor from Radio Shack). I have had no problems. It doesn't mean I won't though. Thanks for the heads up.

Over the winter I will be putting in the heavy duty starter gear and titanium sleeve.

the timing advance is electrical, not mechanical.

if your bike is prone to break, it will break with or without the tre.

The TRE basically advances the timing in all gears, I am not sure if that would cause the starter to kickback and break more or less. I think the purpose of the switchable TRE is to turn it off when you start the bike cold to make it idle nicer. The starter problem is a pre existing problem and doing the started upgrade should probably be done on all bikes regardless of whether a TRE is installed. Suzuki knows about the problem but they have not issued a recall, so if it doesn't break under warranty you have to pay for the repairs.

Get the new "SMART" TRE from Ivan's performance. It eliminates the rough idle and lets the bikes computer see neutral. this eliminates both of those above mentioned problems. The new TRE has a micro chip in it and costs $110.00 direct from Ivan's. It's so new it's not even on their site yet.

I have one on my '03 and it works tremendously.

Johncal

Get the new "SMART" TRE from Ivan's performance. It eliminates the rough idle and lets the bikes computer see neutral. this eliminates both of those above mentioned problems. The new TRE has a micro chip in it and costs $110.00 direct from Ivan's. It's so new it's not even on their site yet.

I have one on my '03 and it works tremendously.

Johncal

I have over 12k miles on my busa, most all with an original Ivan's TRE. No problems, though a smoother idle would be nice (only thing that needs fixed, but it doesn't bother me much).

Anyone know if it is possible to switch OFF the ATRE or if by selected 4th gear mode you are effectivly switching it OFF.

As always looking forward to your wisdom :cool:

Back