All This Crash Talk... What About Protection?

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
I heard about Impact Jackets (airbag jacket motorcycle Body Armors safety Motorcycle Safety street riding gear bike) awhile back, and was wondering if anyone can vouch for their ability to provide extra protection in the event of a crash. Have seriously considered one of these. Wish they made 'em for legs, too.

Also, was wondering if someone can explain safety ratings for helmets... not some detailed scientific commentary, just a "real world" discussion of why DOT is not as good as Snell, which is not as good as the European rating (not necesary the case, just an example). My new helmet is Snell rated, but I'm told that may not necessarily be a good thing since Snell rated helmets supposedly don't absorb as much impact as DOT (but can withstand multiple impacts better). Seems like most helmets after a certain price point are Snell rated.

Just trying to gear up as best as possible for that inevitable day...

I know most accidents seem to happen from idiots turning in front of us, but what about idiots speeding and zigzagging through traffic? I hate irresponsible cagers... Nearly had a moron in a pickup truck run over my back end last week on the way home... he musta been going 80 in a 55 zone...

kromdom,

Appreciate the links... Seriously looking at the Impact jackets, just because it seems reasonable to want to have some bubble wrap when/if the pavement comes up to meet me.

I just checked out the Impact Jackets website. Wow, that seems to be the best protection jacket out there....I emailed the company to see if they have an all black jacket. Does anyone have on here on the org? Has anyone had to use it yet? Results?

Dainese released one this year:
- Dainese airbag suit for 2010[/url]
RS Taichi released theirs in '08:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back