All members need to read this

Nice to see this as I am a Busa newb....but not a bike newb and I do have questions bout Busa's.
Follow what MaxSuzuki does and send out the black Helicopters ???

I am VERY new to this site and my busa...actually...bikes in general. For the most part everyone has been ok with my questions...maybe because I am a female? I am not sure.

I was on this board lurking for months and months before I joined. The reason I joined and got a busa? I notice that if anyone has a Busa they are welcomed with open arms on the board and on the road. Some people are thicker skinned than other, this is true but I feel that everyone has a stupid question once in their life...that is how we learn and grow as people and as riders.

I consider the people here family and try to treat them as such...even when they are acting like a knuckle head.:laugh:

PLEASE dont take this forum away from us!!!:please:

Amen I'm newto the whole forum thing and haven't run itno the "drama" yet but I'm bound to ask at least one off @ss question from time to time.

?????????
Have to agree with nitrous here....

"2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else."

Yes the site is about the Busa 1st & foremost. And the riders on here are no doubt the most educated and knowledgeable on the net.
But it's the personal topics similar to what you have listed above that make this site special and allow for friendships to grow.
Yes....we need to make sure you post those kind of topics in the correct sections....but that's exactly why we have the Random Thoughts area. Not to mention the Meet N Greet sections. Where we get to come together and meet in person all these Busa addicted crazies are :super:
I feel, it's the fact we are such a tight, good group of peeps that makes the personal stuff the most easy to relate to.

Rock On .Org!

You never know who may be lurking in the background on the oRg. I don't have a Hayabusa but had a brother that did and he loved this place, this Band of Brothers. I joined the oRg because I knew his time was drawing near and wanted to pass information to his brothers here. Instead of my post being lost somewhere out in cyberspace, I found a genuine place among the Chaos that I was in. And for that, I am truly grateful. I found his other "family" and they embraced me as their own. I have rode motorcycles since I was a child and have a love of "The Wind" to no comparison. Once it gets in your blood, it will never die. So you see, I am no different because of my preference of motors.

I have found Brotherhood in a place I never thought of looking. I have learned a great deal about the sportsmanship of sport bike riders in the short time I have been here. Gees, Bogus, you took my daughter for her first Busa ride! I cherish all of you more than you will ever know. I have always lived by a code of ethics Loyalty, Honor, Respect, Integrity, and Brotherhood. Let us remember to show all exactly the same. Thank you for letting me be a part of Hayabusa.org

Now if ya got them Harley questions ready. . .:laugh:

It's the misspellings and grammatical errors, man! It's borderline anarchy out there with people typing whatever the hell they want to. If I see "there" and "their" misused again I'm going to have a panic attack!:laugh: :laugh:

No, but seriously....it is.:whistle:

Brian, Hey, Just wanted to be friends man, but its okay, no harm done.. I see how you feel.. I'm a new member also,and I told you why I was here, you have no clue how many riders here have lifted my spirits.. Hey, will all be here for you one day BIG GUY.. I dont like the drama either and I 2nd that when you put that thread.. Maybe you can take a few minutes to see the PICS in here of FALLEN MEMBERS, And read some of the kind words and thoughts from the ORG. family here... COMPASSION.. Anyway, Ride safe Brian... much luv to ya.. Kare:beerchug: Hey, Thank you H.Org..

there is a couple of folks on here that seems like on every other post they are coming out the mouth with something smart to say.
Posted via Mobile Device

A couple thoughts from the desk of Ibified:

First and foremost - I'm a smarta$$ a lot of times. I know this, and I realize that a lot of new folks might NOT know this. The whole getting offended thing goes both ways. I don't think people should bash other people here, but at the same time, i dont think someone needs to go whining and crying to admins when they get offended by something.

Second: If you dont care that somoene lost their job, had a pet die, had their spouse leave them, whatever....thats fine, and thats your right. Just dont expect anyone else to care if any of those things happen to you. Caring and compassion is a two way street, and if you dont want to hear about it, either dont read the thread or stay out of "random thoughts" and stick to the areas devoted to just bikes. We'll all be happier that way.

Third, and last (for now anyway) When it comes to newbies asking questions, I find it takes me FAR less time to just answer their question rather than refer them to a thread. A little kindness towards the new folks never hurts, either. We were all n00bs at one time or another, you know. Plus, being nice to them makes them more likely to stick around and become contributing members to the board. You never know, that new person you blow off and get snotty with just might be the one who could answer a question for you that YOU have.

Ibified out.

Call me crazy, but the board changed from a family oriented feel to a public forum once the 08'Busa came out. Not the bikes fault, it's just we have ALOT of new people on here that bought the Gen2. You have more people on here now that don't seem to play nice and it's changed the mentality of the whole place here. There's nothing any mods could've forseen, it just happened. I've watched it happen.

That and I think the election polarized a lot of people. You get a lot of people in an open forum - some are jerks, some are compassionate to a fault, most are in-between.

I personally think they should open a DMZ forum. Anything goes. If you go in and get your feelings hurt, oh well. Spew all the hate you want. That happened in another group - you know what? The second forum stopped being used because people realized it's like nuclear war - there are no winners.

I'll try harder to be friendlier to everyone.

/back into my corner.

See, I must have missed something.

Yes, the admins have to keep the peace; I think I, and most members, would appreciate a warning if something I've posted/or post in the future is offensive enough to deserve a 'spanking'. So please, if you see me out of line, just politely tell me, you won't have to block me.

As far as recommending search, once I figured out how to use it (and yes to politely let a new member know how powerful it can be), I found it to be a great reference tool. 99% of the stuff I've wanted to find out about is in search. So, I might recommend a "here's how you use search" sticky.

Trying to keep this place civil in the "Jerry Springer" world we live in is a difficult task, but so much more GOOD than BAD comes out of this place...

If I see "click" used one more time when you meant "clique" I'm outta here.

:poke: GMBusa! :D

Good thread, Thrash.

I haven't been spending as much time here lately so perhaps I missed something. I like to get hugely fired up about some topics but generally, I don't get my internet feelings hurt all that much by things here on the boards.

Rock on!

--Wag--

Back