All members need to read this

I have a lot of respect for this site now. I'm new to the site and have put this to issue to the test myself after I noticed the "bad a$$es" talkin smack everywhere. :rofl: I started a few threads that were simple questions just to see what responses were left and WOW there are some True haters out there.

Thank you for caring and keeping moral up!
Travis

My wife and I are both Flight Attendents for Southwest Airlines. We have face time with countless different people every week. Remember this Ya'll, just because you may have heard the same question 20 times, it maybe the First time someone has asked it to you. Be Nice, Be Polite, Smile, it won't hurt I promise.

Live, Love Laugh, Forever

Greg and Ree

I have done a good job of staying out of the drama threads. But if anyone is interested in what I think is wrong with the org lately it is two fold IMHO: 1 - as thrasher mentions above...people slamming others for asking actual motorcycle related questions and or slamming others for having a difference of opinion on motorcyle related opinions and 2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else.

You cant be serious,did you read what you typed???????

Have to agree with nitrous here....

"2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else."

Yes the site is about the Busa 1st & foremost. And the riders on here are no doubt the most educated and knowledgeable on the net.
But it's the personal topics similar to what you have listed above that make this site special and allow for friendships to grow.
Yes....we need to make sure you post those kind of topics in the correct sections....but that's exactly why we have the Random Thoughts area. Not to mention the Meet N Greet sections. Where we get to come together and meet in person all these Busa addicted crazies are :super:
I feel, it's the fact we are such a tight, good group of peeps that makes the personal stuff the most easy to relate to.

Rock On .Org!

Well said Ron, & Like the saying goes ... There are NO stupid questions, only stooo-ped answers.

Take a look at any of our first few questions ...

Here are a couple of mine :

- What's a TRE?
- Can I wheelie the busa?
- Do you ever glance down at your guages in a turn?

Looking back these Q's seem dumb to me but I wasnt beat down for it, Cappy answered these with dignity and I have tried to do the same with everyone else.

Lets keep it rollin. :oldcool:

I don't think its right to shut the board down and put us all in the corner because a couple people are being idiots . You don't punish all your kids when one is bad . We all know that there are rules to this board . Why don't you just send out warnings to the offenders and then if they persist ban them . Don't punish me by taking away a board that I feel I helped ( a little bit ) make what it is today .I may not be on much lately but I still do find, answer, and ask questions here to .

excellent post Ron! :beerchug:

now seriously, since I've NEVER asked this before...

wait for it

wait for it

What is a TRE? :poke:

( I cannot believe no one has asked yet :rofl: )

I'm guilty of flashing my pea size hayabusa knowledge when the first chance arrives. Warning duly noted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said Thrasher!

I honestly hate when I get the "use the search feature" response. I have tried the search feature multiple times. I consider myself fairly skilled in computers, but it never gives me the information that I need.

And I REALLY HATE being disrespected in a thread!

In referance to people posting personal problems, that is what this particular forum is for, "random thought"

we have all kinds of areas devoted to motorcycles. There should be a place for people to talk about whatever they want, be able to vent, look for a shoulder to lean on etc.

If we did not want that there would not be a random thoughts area.

I know of people who NEVER look at random thoughts, they are not interested, all they want to do is look at bike related information, which is great, but we do have random thoughts for those discussion that are not bike related.

We try to be a full service org :thumbsup:

I don't think its right to shut the board down and put us all in the corner because a couple people are being idiots . You don't punish all your kids when one is bad . We all know that there are rules to this board . Why don't you just send out warnings to the offenders and then if they persist ban them . Don't punish me by taking away a board that I feel I helped ( a little bit ) make what it is today .I may not be on much lately but I still do find, answer, and ask questions here to .

Sending a PM

:confused2:

"Random thoughts" within this forum is a place designed to discuss all other issues not directly related to our otherwise central passion (Hayabusa). As many have witnessed, there seem to be a few folks that think this entire forum should be centered on motorcycles by questioning some of the discussions had here.
To that I say: In this day and age, many people do not have a reliable outlet with which to share hardship and stress. This place has become the "village pub" of sorts where you can find someone to lend an ear or rather an eye to read in order to help with your troubles. It is simply a sign of the times then that there will be detractors just like there will be at the pub. Luckily, here we are not within earshot of every bad event announced. The reader can choose to sidestep all of the emotionally charged threads asking for prayers and such just like he/she can choose to collaborate for the better of the community.
As a long time member here, I have read every sort of trial and tribulation and at times help with some perspective. Currently, I have chosen to steer clear of such topics because, for lack of better terms, they really bum me out. They are here and I see them but don't ask that they be prohibited.

We are here because of a common interest but that doesn't mean that is all we are here for. :welcome:

Here's my take.

The other forum I spend my online time on is vastly different from this one. And when I say "vastly" I mean Vastly.

We yell at each other, make fun of grammatical errors, call each other names, complain about the declining quality of members since teenagers can now afford the car the forum is dedicated to, fight about politics, and just generally have a raucous good time. You need to have an extremely thick hide and some people wouldn't last ten seconds there. But at the end of the day...would we all more than likely buy any other member a cold beer and shake his hand? Absolutely.

We have a "lounge" where (almost) everything goes and a "debate room" we all pile into when we want to fight about religion or just make snide remarks about one another. Does this all spill out onto the rest of the board from time to time? Of course. I've heard people here talk about a "pay to get in," "anything goes," type of section and I don't think it's the right idea for this board. It never stays in that section forever and feelings always get hurt. It's got to be all or nothing. Either you ARE going to allow that kind of behavior or you are going to outlaw it completely. Confining it to one section isn't effective in the least. People are not willing to compartmentalize and leave it where it belongs.

I don't want to see this board go the direction of the other one, as much as I enjoy that one. This is a much different atmosphere with much different people. Both have their place.

I applaud what the owners and mods of this site have done to make it a friendly and inviting place for everyone. I'm sure I've contributed my share of opinionated noise to this board over the few years I've been here. What can I say? I like to argue. But there are so many people on the internet that can't understand that debate and disagreement are NOT synonymous with dislike. I see this site as a sort of haven from that kind of thing. A calm cove in the middle of the tempest that is the internet. I think that's how it should remain.

Last edited:
I have done a good job of staying out of the drama threads. But if anyone is interested in what I think is wrong with the org lately it is two fold IMHO: 1 - as thrasher mentions above...people slamming others for asking actual motorcycle related questions and or slamming others for having a difference of opinion on motorcyle related opinions and 2 - people using this site for therapy. I personally don't care if your cat died, that you have untreated depression, that you lost your job, that your wife left you, that your done with the org....blah blah blah. I'm here for all things busa and thats it. There is excellent information on this org. Please, for all you lonely depressed people who need therapy...go get it somewhere else.

LABusas may be more of the type atmosphere youre lookin for.

I consider myself a fairly new member to this board. Actually, after buying my Busa last July, this was the first board that I joined. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here as many others do. I'm glad the administrators are "stepping up" and putting an end to this nonsense. I will frequent the board more often now.

BMW5

Hey mine is just one mans opinion. People can and do post up their personal problems on the internet but IMHO not much good will come of it. It is guaranteed someone will say something that offends or actually hurts the person. I would like us to stick to motorcycle topics. Call me crazy.

Depending on the situation - YES! I *do* punish all my kids when one is being bad! The reason is that I want the others to talk to the one that is being bad... I find it much more effective than having just me come down on the one. I'll let his/her siblings talk to him/her. It works rather well...

Call me crazy, but the board changed from a family oriented feel to a public forum once the 08'Busa came out. Not the bikes fault, it's just we have ALOT of new people on here that bought the Gen2. You have more people on here now that don't seem to play nice and it's changed the mentality of the whole place here. There's nothing any mods could've forseen, it just happened. I've watched it happen.

Things that might of caused a stir and went away before, turns into a real problem now. I think it's from people not getting to know each other. Prime example, I never said this before, but I didn't think much of RSD when I first joined until I got to know him better and got to understand him. He's bold, to the point, but I learned and think he's a great person now.
I think some newbies get into a "click" here or get a few friends. Then when someone makes a harmless comment about their group they feel they're defending their group against something. That's just one scenario.

Another are the trolls that join up, start talking smack and get booted. Or they just say enough to start something, but back off to avoid being banned. They're not looking for friends, they just have their new Busa to feel "cool" and have nothing better to do than cause trouble.

I'm not leaving or anything. Heck, I've spent way too much time in the corner to leave now. LOL

Last edited:
Back