Alarm Needed

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Ok today is the day for an alarm, I seen a few on the site but was looking for some good advice on some of the better ones out there,,,,,need help. Also what are some of the tricks to really bullet proof my bike from getting stolen?
I know about the disc locks but what about a thick chain and un breakable lock. I need something that the jaws of life can't cut:)

I hate to tell you but if they want it bad enough they will get it. I just sold my Scorpio SR-i 500. I liked it, but decided I really didn't want it on the bike. Try Cycletrak.com Im not sure whats available overseas as far as GPS tracking.

Scorpio SR-i500 is at the top for me since I just bought mine from GnT. Layering is the key to preventing theft. An alarm by itself will help, but won't prevent a crime. The alarm, plus the disc lock, plus a heavy chain will at least get him/her thinking it might not be as beneficial as they thought to take your bike.

I too am putting on a Scorpio SR-i500 this weekend, plus the disk lock is a great idea, you can even go the extra step and have a GPS locator on, checkout radarbusters.com, they are like 500 plus a yearly fee

Layering is key to bike theft prevention. Heavy chains, disc locks & microwave alarms are the best combo IMO.

The microwave alarm doesn't require anyone to actually TOUCH the bike, just get close to it. That way it will go off is someone is cutting the chain.

Something like this http://www.sola-larm.com/vehiclesecurity.html wired to a standard alarm would work.

I can't seem to find it now, but there are specific alarms for motorcycles that are microwave. Don't use ultrasonic, every loud stereo or exhaust will set it off.

smile.gif

Scorpio Alarm is tops in my book, plus for the homestead I would suggest a ABUS or Almax chain/lock. Expensive and Heavy but...... If you want to keep it you have to make it look "Not easy".

I put an undertail on the busa, which cut trunk space down. I plan on, this winter, putting in a power commander. Any suggestions on where to mount the alarm, immediate concern, and where to mount power commander this winter.

i hear puttin the power comander on top of the ecu under the elastic band will free up some room dont quote me on it though my pc3r is still sittin in my garage (no pipes)
mad.gif

For those that have used the SR-i500, did you go and also order the factory connector kit for the extra $20 or so? Does it make that big of a difference? I know I'm beating this issue to death, but I don't really want to pay extra if I don't have to. Thanks for all the help.

Hey guys I posted awhile back when KSWTRBUG did a group buy on the scorpio alarm install.

I have a top gun undertail as well so I understand trunk space.

I have a pcII, an A.T.R.E., the alarm, CO2 airshifter, neon & strobe controlers, yellow box, toolkit, socketset, goggles, gloves and other trinkets.

The PC will mount vertically along the left side of the trunk wall in the NOOK. The yellow box will mount to the left positive battery terminal perfectly. Room to wrap it in foam too. The CO2 bottle fits in the trunk or on the right side between the subframe and the plastics. The A.T.R.E. fits on the little round raised front part of the trunk nearest the driver seat on the angle. The neon/strobe contollers fit in the corners on the verticle wall. The tool kit fits on the opposite side of the co2 bottle. The goggles etc fit in the "Trunk" or back tail section area. There is still room for something else. The alarm fits on the exterior of the drivers side side wall of the trunk liner on the other side of the PC2 which the back side of the nook.

ICE

BigBS, what is GnT?  Also, how much did you pay?
Hey IBB ... GnT is just a short acronym for one of the members here: GrabnTwist ... we do that sometimes for the members that post a lot. Here's the site for the Scorpio Alarm, but please check with some of the vendors that help sponsor this site first if you decide to order it.
Man, I got my own acronym. LOL! When I had my Sri I mounted it in between the sub-frame rails on the right side. The alarm was not at all visible.

Back