Akrapovic Full System

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, everyone knows I am in a modification frenzy and trying to complete very quickly. I have always said that I prefer the 2 can look of the Busa, but now have the opportunity to perhaps get a Akrapovic Full Exhaust. I have searched and tried to find out as much info about them as I can, but wanted to throw the topic out again and see what you all say. I will say that this is not a Akra vs. all the other full exhausts thread, but I am trying to find from those that have installed the Akra how difficult it was to install? Were there modifications that needed to be done to the fairings (belly pan or right lower)? Did heat shield tape prove useful, if used? Other problems or recommendations? And of course, pics are very much appreciated. TIA.

I have the Evo system that I installed last summer....sorry I don't have any pic of the install...but it was a piece of cake to route and it fit like an OEM part. The only place I had a concern was where the mid-pipe crossed the spot where the lower bolts of the side fairing attach dug into the pipe. I just hack-sawed the bolt down and put some heat tape between that spot and no problem since.

The pipes surprised me as to how light they were...I think the whole system weighs as much as the mid-pipes on the OEM system.

Good luck!

Dan

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103639185 -->

post_6_27576_New_look_007.jpg

Oh yeah.....don't forget to get the pair valve block off kit. Tom at Veltune has one of the nicest kits I've seen..

I have the Evo system that I installed last summer....sorry I don't have any pic of the install...but it was a piece of cake to route and it fit like an OEM part. The only place I had a concern was where the mid-pipe crossed the spot where the lower bolts of the side fairing attach dug into the pipe. I just hack-sawed the bolt down and put some heat tape between that spot and no problem since.

The pipes surprised me as to how light they were...I think the whole system weighs as much as the mid-pipes on the OEM system.

Good luck!

Dan
Thanks, I have heard of people hacking the fairing to get it to fit and really don't want to do that. Did you put any tape on the pipe itself?

Good luck!

Dan
Thanks, I have heard of people hacking the fairing to get it to fit and really don't want to do that.  Did you put any tape on the pipe itself?
I didn't wrap the pipe, but I suppose you could if you wanted to.....Mine fit really nice though, no need to hack up the fairing at all.

Nothing at all. I replaced a Yosh system with the Akra. I have instally a few different exhaust on my Busa and the Akra just "fell" into place with no straining to get the pipes lined up perfect. I bought my Akra in 00 before the Evo system was released. I have heard the same about the Evo as well.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

the only gotcha I found after putting a fulll system on was the gaskets around the exhaust ports....gotta make sure yours are either still good or just replace them while you are in there. Not much to them but you'll get some exhaust leaks without replacing them....and they are pretty cheap...wanna say under $20 for the 4 of them. FWIW anyway.

np, trust me is sux to learn that one later
wink.gif
had to pull the whole system off to replace them after having the pleasure of putting it all on the day before
sad.gif

Fitted my full-race Akrapovic at 1500km. Sound is fantastic. Whole system is lighter than one of the original cans, and fitting is problem free. Sys was fitted by my dealer and they raved about the tolerances being spot-on, without any bending or forcing. Everthing slotted into place nicely. The quality of workmanship is exemplary. This system is to be recommended.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Macco. I hope I have the success that everyone else has had.

Back