AKRAPOVIC - Larger End Cap

Doc

Registered
I have a Akrapovic race pipe on my 2000 Busa. I need to make the out end cap on the canister larger. The original end cap on the Akra.is about 1.75" I need to make at least 2.1/4". Does anyone know if anyone makes a aftermarket End cap for the Akra.
Or maybe another End cap from another manufacture might fit. Any Ideas???    THANKS

potatoe launcher!
tounge.gif

No really I'm serious, Akra makes a great pipe. But everybody knows that the end cap is too small especially if you go out to 1425. The head pipes are perfect with the cross over tubes and it has a large mid pipe. But the canister is too long and the end cap is too small for big HP.........

Can't for the life of me remember who it was, but there was a Japanese manufacturer that made larger outlet end caps of titanium...very trick looking.  It was posted on the original hayabusa.org in 2000.

<!--EDIT|Sonic Boom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134887588 -->

Yea I think I remember that. That Info would be great. I just thought there would be somebody else after all this time.... THANKS........

seriously....email Akro.

If you are THAT worried about the affects of the end-cap on your numbers...then perhaps you should re-think using and exhaust made for a 1299cc motor?

There is going to be a "range" for that pipe's application....so ask Akro.

You're right the pipe is made for a 1300. and Akra agrees that the end cap is too small for a big block. But that's all that wrong with the pipe. If the end cap was larger it would be a great 1425 exhaust. So why change the pipe. Just look for the mod....

I wasn't knockin your idea...just wondering....

perhaps getting the spec of a few other cans made by them....you might find one with the same canister size but different cap...then just get the replacement.

some of those systems for the twins are prolly larger.

Fwiw, the end cap on the EVO II cans are larger than the standard Akra end caps. Not sure if you're considered that or not. Just an idea. I'm not sure which can(s) you are running right now. You may already have EVO II's.
rock.gif

I guess you're not using EVO II cans. I just measured the can outlet on my EVO II slip-on and it measures right at 2.3", so it's just over the 2-1/4 size you're lookin' for. Now it's a matter of finding out if there's an EVO II can with the same body size as the can(s) you're runnin' so you can swap end caps. It's going to be expensive buying EVO II cans just for the end caps though. I'd suggest calling Brad at Superbike Supply and seeing if he can hook you up with just the ends if you can confirm that you can get ends that will fit your existing can sleeves. Brad was great to deal with when I was piecing together an EVO II slip-on for my 10. Great guy!

www.superbikesupply.com

or; info@superbikesupply.com attn: Brad

If you had a really good hydraulic press and a milling machine you could make one....hell if I was home i could make you one

Back