Akra installed on the trackbike

(SpeedGeek @ Jul. 29 2007,14:35) NICE!  The Akra sounds AWESOME on the R1's.  And like you said - so long to the flat spot at 7K.

On another note...  Your rear tire is looking blue
laugh.gif
Better change that out - unless you just like how it matches the blue bike.  HAHAHAHA
That tire is a take off from the Busa. It was used for a couple of track days. It will be changed before any spirited riding.

Pipes look bad ass. You might consider some header wrap at the y-pipe to keep your shock cooler. Let's hear some BIG #'s when you get it tuned!

If you were closer we could tune it for you today!
firedevil.gif

Very cool though!

(dadofthree @ Jul. 29 2007,14:43) Wash that dirty thing man, and they do look like they would be rough on the rear passenger, oh well, guess no one rides  
ices_rofl.gif
I will clean it when I am done
poke.gif

Passanger pegs already removed and in the parts bin.....

(GPW @ Jul. 29 2007,15:01)
(vman1300 @ Jul. 29 2007,05
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Cblast @ Jul. 28 2007,23:02) I have got to know how it sounds!  I am seriously thinking of an R1 for a track bike and that exhaust was the top of my list.  Want to know more!
beerchug.gif

lurk.gif
Thanks all!

The sound is verry mellow and very deep at idle. I have only reved it a little bit in the garage but it does sound nice. Once the PC is installed and some dyno time, I sould have a better performance report.

All I have seen on the Akra on the R1, the 7k rpm flat spot is history  
super.gif
Pull those secondary throttle plates before your tune as well, really wakes up the lower end...just prepped and tuned an 06 147 hp......SAE custom mapped to 13 to 1 AFR.
Thanks Greg. I will be installing Graves Stacks, Graves smog plates and a BMC also prior to tuning....

(black954 @ Jul. 29 2007,22:27) Pipes look bad ass. You might consider some header wrap at the y-pipe to keep your shock cooler. Let's hear some BIG #'s when you get it tuned!
I was actually looking at that as well. With the Penske coming next weekend, I will wait and see how close it is to the pipes....

(GIXERHP @ Jul. 30 2007,06:28) If you were closer we could tune it for you today!  
firedevil.gif

Very cool though!
I cant wait to get the rest of the intake mods installed and some tuning time. I am really starting to hit a time crunce.

VIR is 3 weeks away and one week will be lost while the bike is at Traxxion.

I will more than likely be running a map from DJ website until after the trackday.....

Back