no busa but close

if i wasnt 6'5 245 i would have looked at a 1k...to big and they are to small....great bike

the dude i bought the busa from is got a 1K
he loves it
but he is only 5 ft 8in and 180

im 6'1 235 so its got to be a busa otherwise i look like an overgrown kid on a 50
lol
laugh.gif

Hey blas... the 1k with the chrome stickers look fab! Hope you're having fun... how did you wreck the 02SE anyway?
wow.gif

I was in a turn a little low and a little fast...low sided because the stock front tire broke free. Once the bike slid off the road it started flipping...totaled!!

I am 6-3 220...if I was any bigger, the 1K might have been too small for me!!

Sorry to hear about your accident but it looks like you did ok. Injoy the new bike.

Well I rode my Buddy's 03' 1000 again yesterday, and I do have to say "HOLY SH^T"... That thing is soooo light weight, and so nimble, not to mention the Brakes nearly caused me bodily injury, talk about feel and bite... Not to mention that it is just a wheelie machine. Doesn't seem to matter at all where you are in the RPM's or what you are doing, just grab N Twist and that front end is off the ground...Good stuff.
I could see having one, it certainly feels quicker and a whole lot more nimble than the Busa, but not nearly as planted, and I noticed a tendancy to fall into corners...prolly a good thing...
I stand by what I have said before though, having ridden both it's obvious that Suzuki has spent a lot of new money and technology on the 1000 to make it the baddest 1000 on the planet IMNSHO. BUT, I still prefer my Busa and I will still contend that if you had reasonably well matched riders, one on a BUSA and one on the 1000 from a dead stop to whenever, the Busa rider should walk away, walk away slowly maybe but soundly pull the 1000. Why? Once again in my opinion the Busa's ability to put the power to the ground in a controlled manner earlier and harder than the 1000 is able to. Talking real world, real people conditions here. Still pretty certain that it would all come down to the riders though, if the Busa is a big friendly beast with a darkside, the 1000 is it's lean mean little brother with a real bad attitude and something to prove.... Sweet bike...

im with all of you guys both bikes are excellant there was a blue and white 1k next to my busa in the showroom and it was tempting me but always like a heavier bike feel better on one being slightly oversized at 6'4'' 245 besides i talked my buddy into buying the 1k and get rides on it no one turns down a chance to ride a busa

Back