akrapovic exhaust systems

OB_speedy

Registered
Hi guys !! hope u r all doing great! I'm from germany and just wanted to introduce myself real quick: 27, still going to university (so shitty), riding tha big bike for something like 4 months and it's just great. Well, tha weather over here is not as good as in states but still .... right now it's raining like hell. I live close to munich (maybe some of you have heard about the october fest ??? where u get the real good german beer ....) anyway, just wanted to tell ya guys that your site is pretty cool .... do some of you speak german? If yes, then check out the german site www.hayabusa.de i keep reading your comments and keep trying to compare to the germans as far as problems, parts, pipes and so on are concerned. By the way, i read something about the akrapovic exhaust system and some of you guys said that there is just the racing version ... the street version will be sold in about 3 or 4 months! It's about 2300DM (german currency) right now it should be about $1150 (since $1 = 2 DM)
Alright guys i try to keep in touch
Have a good and safe one
Speedy
Speedy73m@yahoo.de

Welcome Speedy,

The Akrapovic street version you are referring to is only another silencer and the rest of the pipework is all the same.
They have been promising this less noisy silencer (ABE/TUV daemper) for almost a year now (I waited for it from November '99 till May this year, then decided to go with the Race silencer) so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it!
I might have to take my other bike to this trackday I have planned at Assen next month because of this, so I'm quite angry about this.
As you might have guessed I'm Dutch (Niederlande) and German is no problem for me (in fact I'm keeping people here informed on any interesting news from the German mags like Motorrad and PS.

Back