AKRAPOVIC FULL SYSTEM

David C, Yes this is very true however on this occasion, the dyno run between stock and the addition of the full system only was a difference of two hours. Not a totally different day. I am always very careful to check the barometer for best readings.

Like I said before, where my dyno shows a 14hp gain, others may show less or more. I am not saying everyone is going to get that. I am saying however, that you will get a better improvement over some full systems. As long as it shows a good full range improvement 1 - 2 hp doesn't mean much at the top end anyway.

Hayabusa, you stated that your hp reading was corrected hp. this means that the air at the time of the dyno correct to a standard and the next time you went in it was done again. So many times this is where the difference is. You can take a dyno run and manipulate the barameteric pressure, humidity, and temp. The devices used to measure these parameters needs to be as accurate as the dyno. Not saying that you did not have a gain in hp, just stating that it was a different day, and should have been differnet air settings, to get corrected hp.

Learning a lot from you guys. thanx. I just need to know when you mention full system are you referring to a 4 into 1 pipe or just full in sense of complete dual system, not just canisters? Is akrapovic you mention 4 into 1?

Learning a lot from you guys. thanx. I just need to know when you mention full system are you referring to a 4 into 1 pipe or just full in sense of complete dual system, not just canisters? Is akrapovic you mention 4 into 1?

Hayabusa, for the record I think the Akarpovic makes an exception system, all of there pipes make max hp. Here is the big BUT, did your bike have as stated by JC a catalitic converter in the canister, if so you would have gained more hp than a none catalitic canister. I am not disputing that Akrapovic makes more or less hp than Yosh or other brands. From all I have read an seen you can not go wrong buying one of there pipes. It is one of the best choices to make in brand selection. David G

David, Australian models (mine) do not come with the catalytic converter but we do have strict noise pollution controls so perhaps the muffler is more restrictive in that regard compared to other countries.

Byhalia, The Akrapovic System is a full system, ie. exhaust flange onwards, all exiting through a single muffler. I believe Yoshimura make a full duel system but you would have to ask our fello American riders.

Does the Yoshi have tappered / duplex headers? I know Akrapovic is used by many of the top Superbike teams so it must be doing the job... they could use any pipe they wanted to.

I don't know if this will help you guys but over the past year and a half, us R1 guys have had to opportunity to test just about every exhaust system out there on the dyno.

Having said that, the M4 and Akrapovic stand way above everything else. The M4 makes about 1 more peak hp but the Akrapovic has less of a low end flat spot.

As far as peak hp numbers are concerned, here's how they rank on R1's.

1. M4
2. Akrapovic
3. D&D (newer version)
4. Yosh Duplex
5. Micron (new version, original poor)
7. Hindle

Back