AKRAPOVIC FULL SYSTEM

To all of those that post rwh of the A pipe, M pipe or Y (yosh) pipe, please state your baseline rwh as stock, the elevation, if it is corrected, etc., then list your improved rwh with your new pipe. The reason as you all know is that all dyno's, bikes, elevation air density is all different. We need the numbers to establish median percentage gains. I am working with M4 in Dallas, Texas to produce a race pipe. It will be a while before R&D is complete due to the tremendous demand for the M4 pipe for the other sport bikes, etc.
Thanks for any dyno figures, stock and then modified that you can provide.

Greg the Yosh pipes are made in California. Has anybody ever heard of M4(Texas)?
Lets put the "my dads bigger than your dad" poop aside and get to the facts.Would the guys that are fortunate enough to have recieved their full systems pull out a set of vernier calipers and MEASURE thier pipes for the rest of us. Measure at the spigot, measure at the end of the taper, measure the diameter of the collector, measure the diameter of the S pipe, Measure the diameter of the entry to the Canister, and finally measure the exit opening of the Canister.

Comments like it looks the same as stock or my pipe has larger diameter pipes than yours doesn't really mean poop. Do the rest of us a favor and give us some measurements so the rest of us waiting for pipes can make an educated decision. Does the Akropovic use spigots?

Yngve: Rope, what size do you need? :)Q______

Stock - 19.4 degrees Celsius, 1015.-12. mBar,
0 metres, CF=0.97.

Peak Horsepower (rear wheel) - 164

Akrapovic + re-mapped FI, same parameters,

Peak Horsepower (rear wheel) - 178

Total Dry Weight - 203kgs

Turbo1300, you need to contact Lockhart they are the US distributor, unless you know the janitor at the factory and he can smuggle one out.

Hayabusa how about posting your map settings you use with the Akrapovic?

Kawabuser, you have every right to think that I am speaking #@!&. How can one pipe (Yosh) make 6hp and the Akrapovic 14hp. Well I don't really know except to say Akrapovic put enormous research into their exhaust technology to get maximum results. If you decide to come out to Australia you would be amazed at the number of bikes riding around with the Akrapovic. R1's, GSX-R's, ZX-9's.

The truth has been stretched along the way though. If you supply me your e-mail address I will sent you the dyno graph from Akrapovic themselves. It shows a stock Hayabusa in Slovenia making 153.9rwhp. With just the full system the bike made 162.1rwhp. That is only a gain of 8.2hp.

My bike down here made 164rwhp stock. That means my dyno gives favorable results, not that my bike puts out more power. Chassis dynos are only good indicators of performance modifications to a particular bike, not comparisons between one dyno and another.

When I put the full system on the bike, the dyno showed 174rwhp, a 10hp gain, 1.8hp more that Akrapovic themselves. Who knows why!

I spent a long time remapping the injection and found 4hp to give 178rwhp, a total gain of 14hp.

There is not much point me lying to you all, I am only offering you my experiences. After all 14hp is not much when you can gain 80hp with a turbo or nitrous.

The main advantages of using a full system is the saving of weight and of course the sound. Any extra power you pick up is a bonus.

I think I'll write War and Peace 2 next. My fingers are tired.

KawAbuser, If you lived down here I would re-map your system for you for free because you own a Busa. I'm sure that you already know but my mapping of an Akrapovic System in Australia is going to be slightly different to someone who lives in another country with different altitude/air. You're better off going to a competent race shop and getting it done on a Dyno w/gas analyser.

Perhaps you can tell me this, why are the people in the U.S. reluctant to try the Akrapovic?

Hayabusa, please send me the results. The Akrapovic exhaust in the states is a strange bird and I am glad you are getting such great results from it, are you going to try the DynoJet power Commander?

Email: hemillard@snet.net

You are very much correct that differant dynos produce differant results.

people just love yoshi in the US
they think yoshi whenever they see a suzuki
that's just the way it is

akrapovic makes the best stuff
better materials
more R & D
better results
everyone else in the world knows that
but the stubborn americans have been slow to pick up on the value of that system

along with MICRON, it's the best stuff there is

perhaps because of the exclusivity of lockhart phillips (who some of us have reservations about dealing with) americans find it difficult to come by

shops don't stock it
no one is talking about it

greg

the other thing is that there's been all this talk on the net (here and elsewhere) about folks putting on full yoshi systems and having them properly remapped with dynos and exhaust gas analyzers...

just to get 4 - 6 rear-wheel-hp max added !!!

all over europe, folks are putting on the akrapovic system and getting 12 - 14 more hp

that ought to tell you something right there

plus the akropovic system weighs pounds less than the yoshi system

now why do people do this
in america, we learn to love one thing and stick with it

like people who still fight that old "chevy vs. ford" war
it's still going on in this country

you know... mustang vs camaro

2 cars with 90's style
and 60's technology

ok
i'll get off the car deal
just trying to add some controversy to the board

greg

Can anyone post prices that they have paid for the Akrapovic and Yoshi systems??? Also please list the settings and country even if just for reference and comparison??-Gixxer

Akrapovic Hayabusa pipes are just not available yet in the US. And when you contact Lockhart they don't know when. I just find it hard to believe that Akrapovic pipes make that much power over the others. If that is the case then Yoshimura had better check these boards cause their hold on the US market will sure change for Hayabusa owners.

DynoJet has posted powercommander Hayabusa dyno runs with a Micron system at www.powercommander.com, can we all agree that Dynojet has top of the line products and knows a whole lot about fuel injection tunning. Their dyno results with the Micron system and the installed power commander still dont equal some of the claims made by our OZ friend Hayabusa. Time will tell.

I paid $1500 for my yosh titanium pipe and it just weighs 7 pounds. Without remapping I gained 6 hp. I am selling it for $1300 and it has been on my bike for about three weeks. I plan on trying two or three pipes this summer. Let me know if anyone is interested in a great pipe!

Your importer's guess for Akrapovic availiability at the end of July is correct. It is really worth the wait.

I can't import them for you because I live here.

Have any of you guys even seen an Akrapovic. There are a number of versions availiable - not for the Busa though - for example the GSXR 750 has $1000 street systems to $5000 race systems.

Akrapovic's address is 1295 Ivancna Gorica, Slovenija.

with all the different power gain between all the system, I am wondering if the stock muffler is different between US and Europe. I know that some(or all) bikes in Japan has catalytic converter in the stock muffler. but only some bikes has them in the US. Anyone in europe know if the Hayabusa has cat. in europe?

glad that the truth is finally coming out
it has never been clear to me why yoshi has the strangle hold on americans the way it does... especially when it comes to aftermarketing the suzuki.

get with it, my fellow americans
wait and get the best
afterall, you all waited months to get the busa... why have you been so quick to get inferior aftermarket equipment just because it was available at your "time of intended purchase?"

with that kind of thinking you should have purchased the XX.

greg

Back