AKRAPOVIC FULL SYSTEM

OB_hayabusa

Registered
Akrapovic Full System (Titanium) for my Bus............

170-175RWHP (With remapped FI) and 12kg weight loss, thats 203kg dry. Brings tears to my eyes. And the sound.......

People ask why I get to work so late and I reply, The BUS goes the long way. If only they knew.

how much
give the details
who remapped it?
you?
with the yosh box?
the dealer
where did you get the system?
i heard that the factory was blown up
no?

greg

hi, is that true,i had emailed josef fararo from akrapovic ,and he mailed me back that they had a full system ready in 3 a 4 weeks [and that was this last week that i did have this mail from them] so how did you get youre full system?are yuo telling the trued??
A WONDERING DUTCHMAN!!!!!

Friends live near factory in Slovenia, they managed to get system and send it to me. Re-mapped by speed shop in my area - unfortunately guys that is 20000kms away from anywhere down here in OZ, perhaps a little to far, even for the bus. jan, 3-4 weeks until delivered to your door, but they have already made them. By the way on my dyno, stock made 164rwhp, system 174rwhp, system + re-map 178rwhp. Did a speed run today on one of those long australian roads, indicated 345kph on the clock, s'pose that is around 315kph real. Price in Australia $1500, approx $US1000.

Greg , luckily they just missed otherwise we would have to buy full Yosh systems.

How do you know it isn't running lean at the top end, when the ram-air is making a real difference?

Funny you should mention that DC, my last bike was a '98 ZX-9 w/ Akrapovic full system.
I jetted it on a dyno without taking ram-air into consideration. Result - 280kph on long straight in Tasmania, leaned out, melted piston, no engine......

This time around we have made top end slightly rich to compensate for extra air provided by ram. Unfortunately all we can do is guesstimate. Although I have done a speedo measured 345km/h and shut off at same to check plugs. No indication of lean condition so I think it is just about right.

No I am not picking on anybody, Lockhart is going to the Akropovic factory this week I was told.They were still in the dark about the Hayabusa systems from Akropovic. An inquirey placed with Lockhart in April and then again in June about the Akropovic Hayabusa exhaust offered NOTHING in performance data or availability. Lockhart just happens to be the US importer/distributor for Akropovic. Well they last said they will be available soon. Do you have a web address for Akropovic? I have seen the Dyno reports for the Akropovic systems for the TL1000 and the GSXR750 and they show great gains in power. Do you inply that the same Exhausts that factory Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki are the same pipes that are sold to the public. There is an American company called M4 that makes Great pipes, just check
AMA superbike and supersport results.They are not in developement of a pipe for the Hayabusa. Remember some people DO buy pipes for sound and looks(Slip-ons). So I still ask you what fuel control should be used to remap
the Hayabusa? Lets suggest the Yoshimura since it is the only one available. :)

No one is doubting Yoshimura has a good product. Like you say 20 Years in the business must mean something.

However, Akrapovic have only been around for 6 years and are now used by factory Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki WSB teams. And yes those pipes are the same as the ones bought off the shelf. (Full competition model).

Fuel Control does not take into account what brand of pipe you are using. You can use a yosh box with any full system/slip on and get maximum results.

The reason why the racing Hayabusa uses a Yoshimura system is because Yoshimura built the bike, I don't think their advertising campaign would succeed if they were using an Akrapovic.

First of all jan, I think you need a better translator, but i'll try my best to answer you.

I'm about half your size which gives me a huge advantage at 300+. Also without full system + re-mapping ie. stock, speedo indicated 330kph. Also nice dense air down here in OZ, perhaps you need to try at a lower altitude.

Never tried speed run without the re-mapping.

I use Akrapovic because the quality is excellent and there is a slight weight advantage over the Yosh. Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha factory teams now use them in WSB so that also means something I suppose.

Well if that is the case, then why is the Hayabusa's on race track using Yoshimura systems? Because Yoshimura is the only one makeing a high pipe exhaust. Yoshimura has been the backbone of Suzuki superbike racing for how many years? (since 1978)In case you forgot. So tell me how well does the Akropovic fuel control work?

It seems like Akrapovic are getting a hard time from Kawabuser. The truth about the Akrapovic is that they seem to spend more time on developing theyr systems than most. ( read Y or V&H ). I have been myself to Vance and Hines in California and I am sorry to say they didnt care about anything, They only wanted it to fit nicely. I hope thats not true with Youshimura but somtimes it seems like horsepower is of second consern. ( and more horsepower is why I want a new exaust, not the sound or look, I want more RWHP hehehehe ) If U read English or German motorcycle magazines U will see that Akrapovic wins almost all contest when it comes to power.
Vance and Hines and Youshimura are aware of this so they try to make Clinton bomb the factory but all they have hit is the chinese Ambassy and a hospital......( Yeah if this doesnt light your fire....what will ? hehehe )

okee hayabusa,I believe ye,but may I ask you how fast was youre bus doing whitout the yosh and remapping,mine is doing whit 3000 km on the tacho 323kmh tpspeed ,it will not go faster,I am i.95,110kg are you smaller and ligther i tried it in and of the wind in germany many times,and if you have instald you full systeem and you are not remapping what results do you gett then?why have you buyed a akrapovic and not an other full systeem ,is there much differens in those pipes i heared that yoshimura is also a good systeem or a micron?hee cia jan

no offense to anyone
but... on a scale of 1 - 10
for quality of product in the eyes of the world marketplace
1 being the lowest

yoshi = 5
akrapovic = 9
micron = 8.5

that's just the way it is
that's NO opinion
just the facts of the world as we know them in june of 1999

greg

greg, who's bum did you pull those stats out of? i mean come on, 5 for yosh and such outrageous numbers for the other? give me a break. first of all, akropovic while being a nice system, a: hasn't been around long enough to have surpassed anybody outside of maybe supertrapp and kerker. b: akropovic is more readily availalbe to all of europe, making it more popular mainly due to availability and there are a whole hell of a lot more bikes in europe than in the states. so, don't come round putting up rediculous numbers like that (probably akropovics own numbers showing sales in europe). i mean, if you have a preferance, that's one thing, but the way your post reads, that's not oppinion but fact. can't be. even someone who's not a yosh person will admit to that.
mike

There's no need to fight about who's got the better system guys. The results speak for themselves. Akrapovic make one system only for the Busa at the moment. That is a tapered race header, 4-2-1, with extra large diameter piping into a Titanium muffler. This system weighs less and produces more power than the full yosh system. Like I said before, for many years Kawasaki swore by the Muzzy system and Suzuki swore by the Yoshimura system but now they too have seen the light and the power (LOL).

And as for the bombing jokes, I think some of you need to look at an atlas as to where Slovenia is. And if you don't want to get one purely because of where it is made then I hope you aren't wearing any Dainese or Alpine Star because all their gear is made near there too.

Ok ok so Slovenia is a little north of where the war "was" beeing held. But I didnt know we were in war with Bulgaria and one of the so called "smart" bombs found out that it would rather make hell there instead of wherever it was pointed at.
World wars have been started for lesser reasons ( Ie the shot in Sarajevo......pretty darn scary if u ask me ).
But if we cant Joke about it. What to do ?
Go hang myself ? ( ok, ok smart ass, that was too a joke :) Every day I see refugees from Jugoslavia and the war is a little closer to us here in Europe than to U from the states or down under. But still Jokes are jokes. ( hell this must be my first semi serious reply I have ever had, gotta stop taking dose vitamin-pills, I am growing sane here :)

again...
no offense mike
but yoshi has never been known to make top quality stuff
i don't care what you think of that statement

it's like trying to argue that a camaro is better than a porsche because you love chevrolet...
get the picture

yoshi stuff for the races (only available at top-dollar to factory teams MIGHT BE ANOTHER STORY) but the stuff you and can buy is good stuff
but not great stuff
don't give me the "what's available in europe" routine
that's baloney as well
there's a reason that all the factory teams are using akrapovic because of it's "availability"

it's the best
period
it's known world-wide

use your own words
bikes are much more prevalent in europe
so
just maybe they know more than we do about aftermarket exhaust systems

the last time i checked
yoshi wasn't made here either

have a great day
greg

Back