Akrapovic bolt ons - I scored HUGE!!

flitemedic13

Registered
persistance pays off ! i was debating the whole exhaust issue for a long time...was gonna break down and get a Akrapovic Evolution system, but damn $1,300 + .....then i decided to look at Ebay one more time...found this deal on a set of Akra carbon fiber bolt ons !!!!! I was ok with settling for bolt ons instead of the full system when i saw the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....WN%3AIT

Luckily no one bid on it, i contacted the seller and bought it after the auction was over for $315.00 to my door...wow!!
I scored huge...normally those things are $750-850. I got them today and they are perfect, in the box, never used...schweeeet assss!!!!

28_1.jpg

That is a great deal bro. You did score huge. Those cans sound so great compared to the stock exhaust.

..nice price..
smile.gif

..although "good noise" is all you get from bolt-ons.. ..no change in juice whatsoever..

sooner or later, you WILL HAVE to go for the full treatment..

..nice price..  
smile.gif

..although "good noise" is all you get from bolt-ons..   ..no change in juice whatsoever..  

I know manufacturers say anything to get u to buy thier product but on the Akra website they state the bolt ons will produce 3 HP gain and off-load a little weight, 6.27 lbs.

weight measurments
stock akrapovic difference
6.25 kg 3.40 kg 2.85 kg
13.75 lbs 7.48 lbs 6.27lbs

For me and for the price its worth it...i have a TRE, BMC race air filter, K&N oil filter, PAIR removed and block off, Silkolene pro4 10w-50, Engine Ice....lookin now for a PCIIIusb or PCIIIr and a good map. I should be getting some diffrence with all these light mods....it was just hard to swallow $1,200-1,400 all at once for a Akra full system..and i was wanting to keep the dual can look.

You will be happy with the cans for a while. Good deal.. You should get 2-hp together with the BMC airfilter. You don't need the PC III until you go to a full exhaust. It worn't hurt to get the PC but you do not need it yet.

as far as youve guys have seen is the HP gain that akra states just BS then? or any slip on can for that matter?

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091913491 -->

Dude your Going to love those Bolt ons... Akro Rocks... Those are the same bolt on I have and I love them, they make some super sweet noise. I think you'll prolly get a good 2-3 HP out of them, you might not notice it but it'll be there.

Congrats on the price man. That 1/2 of what I paid for mine... Very nice work...

Rev.

..nice price..  
smile.gif

..although "good noise" is all you get from bolt-ons..   ..no change in juice whatsoever..  

I know manufacturers say anything to get u to buy thier product but on the Akra website they state the bolt ons will produce 3 HP gain and off-load a little weight, 6.27 lbs.

weight measurments
stock       akrapovic  difference
6.25 kg     3.40 kg    2.85 kg
13.75 lbs   7.48 lbs   6.27lbs

For me and for the price its worth it...i have a TRE, BMC race air filter, K&N oil filter, PAIR removed and block off, Silkolene pro4 10w-50, Engine Ice....lookin now for a PCIIIusb or PCIIIr and a good map. I should be getting some diffrence with all these light mods....it was just hard to swallow $1,200-1,400 all at once for a Akra full system..and i was wanting to keep the dual can look.
My bro gained 1.x horsepower with his bolt on Akros, exactly like yours. I saw this myself, went to the dyno with him.

Just like you said about the manufacturers saying anything to get you to purchase.

..nice price..  
smile.gif

weight measurments
stock       akrapovic  difference
6.25 kg     3.40 kg    2.85 kg
13.75 lbs   7.48 lbs   6.27lbs

My bro gained 1.x horsepower with his bolt on Akros, exactly like yours.  I saw this myself, went to the dyno with him.

Just like you said about the manufacturers saying anything to get you to purchase.
almost wants to make ya open fire
guns.gif
on the manufacturer when they claim crap like that...1 HP blows goats...hell i produce more than 1 HP out my ass when i fart.

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091940745 -->

You never know, you may get better than 1.

But yeah, at least Akra is not like the D&D claim, I can't remember but it was just laffable. Crazy HP they claimed. Let me see if I can find it.

You never know, you may get better than 1.

But yeah, at least Akra is not like the D&D claim, I can't remember but it was just laffable.  Crazy HP they claimed.  Let me see if I can find it.
yea i remember that little chart that the numbers were scribbled onto a dyno graph...i posted that one time when i was wondering about full exhausts with the dual can...it wa crazy

...hell i produce more than 1 HP out my ass when i fart.
..lol.. man, you REALLY should be checking your diet.. lol

also, be glad you gain even that - I am actually LOSING 0,5 or something from my bolt-ons.. yep!..

gain in weight is considerable too..

but, you WILL go for the full thing sooner or later (also myself..)

Back