I finally did it!

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I had been debating purchasing an Akrapovic Evolution exhaust over the HMF system, but finally decided to go with HMF after talking to them on the phone.

Seriously, sharp guy, answered all my questions, and it was $1199.95 out the door! (I may have been able to get a better price, but I think it's worth it working directly with them incase I have problems.)

The problems with installation he says is due to people not reading the instructions, he said not to get him wrong, it's definitely tight, but most people get impatient and don't adjust the pipes. They also have awesome support.

I'll make sure to document the entire install and take lots of photos when they come. Wich should be about 4-5 business days he said.

Congrats! The spacing where the pipe passes under the passenger peg is the critical part. Too far in and it'll hit the swingarm, I found that out the hard way. You might try unhooking the rear link and push the rear wheel up after the install to check that. Support the rear of the bike at the wing bracket underneath to do this. It's best to have someone to make sure the bike stays straight. Enjoy!

Enjoy it! That's probably the way I would go also. Just can't see getting rid of that dual can look.

cool.gif

cool.gif
Welcome to the club!... meetings are Thursday evenings~
wink.gif

Yes... Welcome! I hope their 4-5 days to you is a LOT quicker than the 4-5 days they said it would be to me! By My calender it took 6 weeks.
They are trickt to install and it will take you 4-6 hours to do it correctly. Order your Pair blockoff plates now! may as well do that while it's all apart. You may also want to go ahead and order the Muzzy fan. It's a total of $75 for both items that will make a HUGE difference in combination with your better breating, better sounding and better looking exhaust!

Back