I finally did it!

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I finally got up the courage, "read: stupidity," to take the ol' girl up to top speed this weekend. I may have been going faster because the speedo needle physically couldn't move any further than 185mph peg. I would have watched my RPM's to see if this were the case, but I was quickly running out of road.

Maybe this will be the summer I take her out to the Bonneville Salt Flats and try for the 200mph club.

Mmmmmm. Speeeeed.

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Remember the speedo is off around 70 and higher, so you may have been going slower.

Time for a GPS!!

You need to grab a GPS and some open road. 178 is my top GPS run so far. Money and Time to join that 200 club bruder. Your '05 will only theoritically run 186. TRE maybe 190, but then you have wind and the weight of the rider and drag. Good luck and be careful. I know you're wearing full gear.

and..."HOW LONG HAVE WE OWNED OUR BUSA
rock.gif
?".............next time watch the tack, at 11,000 you're getting real close.........
super.gif

Nice job on the "living to tell about it thing too !!!!"
super.gif

super.gif

Yep, it's fun, but you'll need considerably more that what's listed to get to 200. Good luck.

Ahhh yes ... I remember my first time going all the way. We were out on a lonely road and I decided to nail her. She started screaming as I kept giving her more and more. I also remember doing a lot of heavy breathing afterwards ...
biggrin.gif

(NightCrawler @ May 16 2007,22:04) Ahhh yes ... I remember my first time going all the way. We were out on a lonely road and I decided to nail her. She started screaming as I kept giving her more and more. I also remember doing a lot of heavy breathing afterwards ...
biggrin.gif
BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
all_coholic.gif

(dadofthree @ May 16 2007,15:06) Good luck and be careful. I know you're wearing full gear.
Do you think gear will make a big difference if something happens @ 200 mph
crazy.gif

Back