about to pull the trigger on an exhaust

CMEPASU

Registered
ok, I had narrowed exhaust choices down to Akrapovic race system or the HMF dual high mounts. I've decided to go with the HMF system and was curious for those that have recently installed this system if there are any fitting or clearance issues that I need to be concerned with.

thanks

There aren't any with a BDE GEN III. I would go with that over both of your choices....
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Josh, that didnt answer HIS question...
tounge.gif
Just cause yu live 3 doors down from brock himself...

J/K you get much riding in this season. Ive pretty much raped 675
JD

I have the Akra Evo system. It is by far the best made titanium pipe I have ever seen. The welds, fit, finish and attention to detail are incredible. It fit PERFECTLY too.

Now for an actual answer to your question.
smile.gif

The HMF's ARE a bit of a b!tch to install. Fortunately there are some really good walkthroughs floating around out there complete with pics. They don't have a lot of clearance so take your time and get them lined up nice and tight with the bottom of the bike. Make sure you leave things loose until you get all the pieces in place and have test fitted the fairings.

Also, with the tight clearance you will run into heat issues where the pipes come close to the fairings. They don't send you anywhere close to enough heat tape to cover all the close spots on the fairings. There are 2 solutions for this.
1. Wrap the headers with exhaust wrap all the way to the x pipe.
2. Get some heat tape from a hardware store and put it on the fairings.
I went with #2, I think NitrousJunkie went with #1. Either one works, just make sure you take your time and check for hot spots.

If you run into questions during the install just drop me a PM.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

The HMF's ARE a bit of a b!tch to install. Fortunately there are some really good walkthroughs floating around out there complete with pics. They don't have a lot of clearance so take your time and get them lined up nice and tight with the bottom of the bike. Make sure you leave things loose until you get all the pieces in place and have test fitted the fairings.

Also, with the tight clearance you will run into heat issues where the pipes come close to the fairings. They don't send you anywhere close to enough heat tape to cover all the close spots on the fairings. There are 2 solutions for this.
I went with #2, I think NitrousJunkie went with #1. Either one works, just make sure you take your time and check for hot spots.

smile.gif
The workmanship in my system was flawless,and what he ^ said.Need any help, PM me.NJ.

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
The workmanship in my system was flawless,and what he ^ said.Need any help, PM me.NJ.
What they both said. This system takes a bit of tweeking but the results are unmatched. The highest Hp increase (with a PCIIIUSB) and the best looks and sound. IMHO. I have about 4000 miles on mine so far and they are sounding better all the time. Just keep getting a deeper tone and a little louder.

smile.gif

Josh, that didnt answer HIS question...  
tounge.gif
  Just cause yu live 3 doors down from brock himself...

J/K you get much riding in this season.  Ive pretty much raped 675
JD
Sorry....I just figured if he is going to spend that kind of money on a system, it shouldn't require any kind of tweeking!
tounge.gif

I didn't get much riding in this year. To busy with work and got married in July. Pretty much all of June was packed with moving and getting ready for the big day. Then we went on our honeymoon after that so we were trying to get back settled in most of July.

Oh well, maybe next year!
sad.gif

tounge.gif

What they both said. This system takes a bit of tweeking but the results are unmatched. The highest Hp increase (with a PCIIIUSB) and the best looks and sound. IMHO. I have about 4000 miles on mine so far and they are sounding better all the time. Just keep getting a deeper tone and a little louder.
Say again?

They aren't even in the TOP three for peformance so where are you getting your info?

TiForce, Akro, BigBird and BDE all put out more power....this has been proven many....many time not only on the dyno but at the track where it really counts.
wink.gif

Say again?

They aren't even in the TOP three for peformance so where are you getting your info?

TiForce, Akro, BigBird and BDE all put out more power....this has been proven many....many time not only on the dyno but at the track where it really counts.
wink.gif
Read a little closer. I said IMHO. All of the systems mentioned are top of the line. And all publish a their own propaganda. And whether it is correct or not, I have, on any given day read in several places that the the HMF system has on of the highest increases with a proper map. Again, just MHO. I prefer the Dual high mount system. To each his own. If you like the system you have and believe it has the best specs then I'm happy for you. I'm not gonna slam ya. I really doubt any one can prove any system, on any day, on any bike, can out perform another. Heck, no two bike come from the factory with the same Hp. I have read about as much as a 10 Hp difference up or down from one Busa to the next. I can't prove it, just repeating it. So buy whatever you want. Go with looks, style, price, weight, performance, sound or any other reason. Remember, you gotta live with what you buy. I just gonna say it's nice and be glad your happy with it. So other than that I'm out of advice.

Note to self: Stay out of other people's sh!t.

David

I've got a set of HMF dual high mounts on order from Solomoto parts. Got great service from them and a best price I found on the net. Their banner is on the main forum page. Check out their site !!

It should be shipped in about a week...they are made when you order them.

I'll post more info when I get them.

I saw a post on this site where 4 friends all went to the same dyno on the same day and had their bikes done. If I'm not mistaken, they were all comparibly modded and the Dual HMF Hi Rise system came out with the most HP. I found that B4 I bought mine which was one of the reasons I went with the HMF. That and they just look awesome!
To answer the question... follow the directions and take your time. These systems are made with very little clearance but they WILL FIT if you don't rush the process. Go ahead and bring in the block off plates since her front's gonna be exposed.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm going to order my HMF's on Monday. Already have the block off plates on the way. Going to put on a Muzzy aluminum fan while I'm at it. Then there's the xenon king HID system I did today and the Galfer stainless steel brake, clutch, EBC HH pads on order...Someone please take away the credit card !!!!!!!!
smile.gif

I saw a post on this site where 4 friends all went to the same dyno on the same day and had their bikes done. If I'm not mistaken, they were all comparibly modded and the Dual HMF Hi Rise system came out with the most HP. I found that B4 I bought mine which was one of the reasons I went with the HMF. That and they just look awesome!
To answer the question... follow the directions and take your time. These systems are made with very little clearance but they WILL FIT if you don't rush the process. Go ahead and bring in the block off plates since her front's gonna be exposed.
I saw the same post,there was HMF,Akrapovic,and I think Yosh was also represented.I may be wrong but te Akrapovic flows better than the other system you're referring to,the HMF's bested the akrapovic evo by I think 3 HP,not much, but it was better.No one's talking smack here,just stating what we read and have experienced.NJ.

Some people just don't get it. I got spanked for saying the same thing. I have HMF's and i'm very happy with them. And I noticed a helluva improvment in performance once I got a good map. IMHO they are the best system available for many reasons. So to those that agree, thanks. And to those who think I'm full of sh!t, bite me.

David

biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of the replies.  I'm going to order my HMF's on Monday.  Already have the block off plates on the way.  Going to put on a Muzzy aluminum fan while I'm at it.  Then there's the xenon king HID system I did today and the Galfer stainless steel brake, clutch, EBC HH pads on order...Someone please take away the credit card !!!!!!!!  
smile.gif
Good mods. Remember to take pics in process to share as how to's for all the ret of us. BTW the fan is an easy install...you'll be glad you did it.

Some people just don't get it. I got spanked for saying the same thing. I have HMF's and i'm very happy with them. And I noticed a helluva improvment in performance once I got a good map. IMHO they are the best system available for many reasons. So to those that agree, thanks. And to those who think I'm full of sh!t, bite me.

David

biggrin.gif
No one thinks your full of it, we are all just passing the info we have learned along to others. If your tests show that the HMF is the best and makes you happy, great!

I was just passing on what I have seen, learned and tested with others. The BDE, TiForce, and Akro ranked ahead in my findings. But no big deal, different bikes, different dyno, different day.....anything is possible.
wink.gif

As long as your happy with the system you bought, that's all that matters.
smile.gif

Back