air box shielding...

I never could locate much of that stuff on the lowes website...but another idea might be an RV dealer.

Lowes would probably be the cheapest, but they sell stuff like that to seal cracks and roofing on travel trailers and RV's.

not an expert but I doubt it will do much to bring down IAT (intake ambient temp). The ram air ducts already has a short/straight path from the outside, air is not in the box long enough to heat up from the engine. then again, guess it can't hurt.

gas_tank_heat_shield.jpg

Last edited:
not an expert but I doubt it will do much to bring down IAT (intake ambient temp). The ram air ducts already has a short/straight path from the outside, air is not in the box long enough to heat up from the engine. then again, guess it can't hurt.

I've heard back and forths on this...not sure it helps much, but every little bit right~?~

They already have the heat shield over the motor if someone hasn't pulled it out. There again, what could it hurt~?~

It could help,,I concur..with above posts,,and lowes and autozone,,is ur cheapest routes,,,,,Here is an idea for you,,,As a street racer yrs ago,,we used to make or buy,,a cool can,,We used to make is out of a maxwell house can,,You poke a hole in the top side and a hole on side at the bottom,,,take copper line and coil it all the way down thru the can,,,{ your fuel line taps into this and we would monut it on the inner fender,,you pack it full of ice,,,,,,Cold fuel burns alot better and you get more HP gains,,,,,of couse you can strap a coffee can on the bike,,But I bet that alot of the old hotrodders here remember this,,,and Im probually ignorant,,there probually already a coolcan for the busa out there that Ive just not heard about,,,either way,,you would reap more that way than wrapping the airbox,,,,tricky part on the busa is not alot of room,,but there is room to tap into the fuel line under the tank,,you just need some copper line and a makeshift container,,id love to hear the tech support ideas on here on this one,,it is a possibility,,,,,,,,,,,,

thinking of wrapping my airbox up in something like this

Thermo tec Heat Sheilds, Adhesive Backed Heat Barrier, TTA-135 | RacePartSolutions.com

Figuring itl make my bike run a tiny bit cooler. any little bit helps.

On to my question! anyone know the Lowes or Home depot equivalent cause i cant find it online? Or a site with a better product or price?

Won't help. May possibly make things worse. what holds heat out will also hold heat in, read up on heat soak.....................

I used one of those aluminized bubble wrap sunshades like you put inside windshield of your car/truck. I only used that on the bottom of the air box and then used aluminum foil tape to cover the rest of the air box.

It could help,,I concur..with above posts,,and lowes and autozone,,is ur cheapest routes,,,,,Here is an idea for you,,,As a street racer yrs ago,,we used to make or buy,,a cool can,,We used to make is out of a maxwell house can,,You poke a hole in the top side and a hole on side at the bottom,,,take copper line and coil it all the way down thru the can,,,{ your fuel line taps into this and we would monut it on the inner fender,,you pack it full of ice,,,,,,Cold fuel burns alot better and you get more HP gains,,,,,of couse you can strap a coffee can on the bike,,But I bet that alot of the old hotrodders here remember this,,,and Im probually ignorant,,there probually already a coolcan for the busa out there that Ive just not heard about,,,either way,,you would reap more that way than wrapping the airbox,,,,tricky part on the busa is not alot of room,,but there is room to tap into the fuel line under the tank,,you just need some copper line and a makeshift container,,id love to hear the tech support ideas on here on this one,,it is a possibility,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old school yep works great never seen it on a bike amybe a short tub and a squirt of nos:laugh:

Ive already done it and the bike to me seems more responsive! It was very inexpensive to do! I bought my tape from Summit and it was two rolls shipped for around $22. I thought I was going to need a wider roll but I didnt. The size i bought was perfect. Ill take pix and post later. There were some guys I saw on the internet saying send them your airbox and they would do it for $300......yeah right!! Did it myself and the most I spent was $22 and a lil time! Go for it, what do you have to lose? Sorry about the pic quality....cell phone.

tape.jpg

Back