Heat shield airbox

I'll have you know , that I own every part of this house my bike /parts litter , I mean are parked , stored and stacked . This is a normal way things are done in these parts of Australia , I literally am , a 'part owner' .
:rolleyes::)
Don't you mean "a PARTS owner" . . . ?
Just a Question for the ol' RoadToad . . .
1545413870839.png

Does the Toad Hall actually have a perfectly good garage . .
for said parts and mosickle to reside calmly and peacefully?
1545413795509.png

Or is the said mosickle happier when waiting patiently for it's next load of Ti and C/F goodies to be ushered into the resting place (spare room in Toad Hall) by one very flushed and salivacious Toadster?

What would be interesting to do now is fit a wired temp probe in the box , and record airbox temp at several different ambient temperatures . Then one of us with a stock box install same model temp probe , and ride in same to similar ambient temps , and see what the change may be .
Bryan, you couldn't put this tape on your air box unless it is deemed the lightest weight tape in the market right? Is there Ti tape for you and the Toad?

Don't you mean "a PARTS owner" . . . ?
Just a Question for the ol' RoadToad . . . View attachment 1590330

Does the Toad Hall actually have a perfectly good garage . .
for said parts and mosickle to reside calmly and peacefully? View attachment 1590329
Or is the said mosickle happier when waiting patiently for it's next load of Ti and C/F goodies to be ushered into the resting place (spare room in Toad Hall) by one very flushed and salivacious Toadster?
Hahahaha , so ya just gots to know eh Kiwi !! Well I got a small brick garage , used to fit any one of my Gixxer 's and their stuff , but fat Busa don't fit in side entrance . It houses all my standard parts , and all the old scuffed panels etc. as well as tools such as compressor . I got a lock up carport , any pic of my car parked , you see it is under that and in front of garage . My mate has set up my house and yard with full security , but I still don't park my bike outside .
The Busa is parked back inside after it cools from any ride , it is safely housed , ready for next ride . It sits around in winter , for longer periods between rides , but I am always doing something to it , it seems , always some sort of plan happening . This bike is my pride and joy , and it has it's own room , just like a lot of my mates , who own special cycles , we keep 'em closer than most .
No , I mean a part owner !!:):thumbsup:

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
Hahahaha , so ya just gots to know eh Kiwi !! Well I got a small brick garage , used to fit any one of my Gixxer 's and their stuff , but fat Busa don't fit in side entrance . It houses all my standard parts , and all the old scuffed panels etc. as well as tools such as compressor . I got a lock up carport , any pic of my car parked , you see it is under that and in front of garage . My mate has set up my house and yard with full security , but I still don't park my bike outside .
The Busa is parked back inside after it cools from any ride , it is safely housed , ready for next ride . It sits around in winter , for longer periods between rides , but I am always doing something to it , it seems , always some sort of plan happening . This bike is my pride and joy , and it has it's own room , just like a lot of my mates , who own special cycles , we keep 'em closer than most .
No , I mean a part owner !!:):thumbsup:
Years ago, I had bikes...and no garage.
Then, we moved, and I got a garage...but now have no bike(wtf, lol)

SDC10439.JPG

SDC10457.JPG

If my house was bigger I'd have the Busa in the house too, then I could use the garage to shelter my car and my truck.
My house is 2 bedroom and small, perfect for a single person or a couple, suits me just fine.
My garage is stand alone 6m x 6m and is pretty full with tools, parts, 2 bicycles, 2 motorcycles, 2 work benches, and loads of stuff I should just dump.
So easy to hoard stuff, so hard to let go of unimportant things.

c10

Registered
Could you remove the OEM heat shields from the fairings and replace with this tape, then the savings from that use the tape to do the airbox. Remove a lot add a little back.
My belly wing is gone along with bracket . Some fairings have had oem heat shield removed with better stuff put in place . . However its is thinner , but weighs about same due to density .