Heat shield...?

Popie

Registered
Is engine heat under the fuel tank a much bigger issue on a Busa then
a GSXR 1000? Is this rubber "heat shield" that drapes down from the
frame and lays over the head really necessary for heat? Or is it more for water and dirt?

Any thoughts out there...?

Thanks...

Busa's get hot thats for sure. I haven't felt that much heat on a bike before I got mine. I have ridden a busa before but only for about 5 miles. Gen 1. So I didnt realize it then.

in my personal experience, the busa runs relatively cool...compared to my old CBR900RR it's ice cold on the road, though I'll hafta see how she does when the temps get back over 100 degrees again in the summer.

in my personal experience, the busa runs relatively cool...compared to my old CBR900RR it's ice cold on the road, though I'll hafta see how she does when the temps get back over 100 degrees again in the summer.

I am just looking at it compared to my GRXR 100. Pretty similar set up. No rubber shield from the frame to the head. No foil shield under the tank. I can see a need for the foil under the tank. But I'm not sure about the rubber one. I really think it's more for water and dirt. I'll never ride this when it's wet. I'd like to leave the rubber one out. But would also like to hear from someone that already has with no issues.

The real heat comes from the fan blowing through the side vents when you're just crawling in traffic on a hot day.
It doesn't bother the bike, but it can make your legs feel like two wieners on a grill.

I am just looking at it compared to my GRXR 100. Pretty similar set up. No rubber shield from the frame to the head. No foil shield under the tank. I can see a need for the foil under the tank. But I'm not sure about the rubber one. I really think it's more for water and dirt. I'll never ride this when it's wet. I'd like to leave the rubber one out. But would also like to hear from someone that already has with no issues.

OK... The truth is out. I don't type that well... Pretty sure I meant to put GSXR 1000...

Never been on a gixxer but in the 100's sitting in traffic and the fan(s) kick in you'll feel a little heat on the legs.

Never been on a gixxer but in the 100's sitting in traffic and the fan(s) kick in you'll feel a little heat on the legs.

That's understandable. And I'm sure my gixxer would do the same. Never had it in traffic. Just on the drag strip...
It's a pretty similar setup. Just petite compared to the Busa. I'd like to leave this rubber one out if I can. I really think it's more for water and dirt.
I can see the need for the foil one under the tank. Thought I might hear back from someone that had already run without the rubber heat shield. And see what they thought. But not yet... Thanks for your response...

Back