Advice for a speeding ticket?

TXBusa05LE

Registered
I'll spare the details...
guns.gif

show up for court ,plead not guilty ( NO matter what happend) talk to prosicutor about reduced charges that dont include points . Then, if its NOT a deal you can live with tell em you would like to come back with a lawyer.
Might cost some $$$ but it'll work out.
Most courts want case closed with just some money for the cash drawer .They hate having to prove anything.

i just got one in october for 92 in a 55 and went to court, was $290 plus court costs and 5 points but with a little talking got it down to $100 fine including court costs and 2 points.still sucks but not as bad..you always have a chance the cop won`t show up and it gets thrown out!!! it`s not worth paying a lawyer unless you got arrested or there was an accident or alcohol involved.. just my
2cents.gif

Stop speeding.
laugh.gif
Ok now realistically, stop speeding when there are cops around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just kidding man. every state is different so the advise may vary on what you will get away with where you live. Good luck

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A guy at work told me that he ALWAYS goes to court to try and get it" knocked down"!He says he always has success in getting his ticket somewhat reduced,ALWAYS!
Its worth taking time off work to show up in court.
Guilty, with an explanation, is what he usually does.
Hope this helps you.Good Luck on your mission!

i just got one in october for 92 in a 55 and went to court, was $290 plus court costs and 5 points but with a little talking got it down to $100 fine including court costs and 2 points.still sucks but not as bad..you always have a chance the cop won`t show up and it gets thrown out!!! it`s not worth paying a lawyer unless you got arrested or there was an accident or alcohol involved.. just my
2cents.gif
and you didn't ask for PBJ because?

2cents.gif
and your advice only works in a text book case. Many places traffic court doesn't actually see a judge, they see a master. Many places also do not need the officer to be present to read his report (which he will write to reply to the plea of not guilty when you request a hearing)

and for reference....2002

168 mph in a 35.(in my defense, I was decelling for a turn)
laugh.gif

I kept my license and never see a jail cell....

In San Diego, we have this lawyer called "Mr. Ticket". You pay him $99; he does all the work. You never have to appear (at least, to date, I haven't
laugh.gif
).

Next thing you know, there's a letter in your mailbox reading CASE DISMISSED! No points, no insurance messiness, no appearances, just NONE of the regular oogieness you'd expect in a situation like that.

Maybe he can refer you to a similar 'service' in your area. His number is 619-563-1515.

Good luck.

(heh heh heh heh...I said 'service')

2cents.gif
and your advice only works in a text book case. Many places traffic court doesn't actually see a judge, they see a master. Many places also do not need the officer to be present to read his report (which he will write to reply to the plea of not guilty when you request a hearing)
actually it`s called a magistrate?? in Maryland the officer has to be present and weather you talk to the judge,magistrate or district attn it doesn`t matter you just need to ask for a PBJ or some leniency and unless you are a repeat offender they will give you a break..also it`s better to go in and ask for a continuance on the first date so the next time you go you won`t be there all day.. it`s all about the money and yes my father is a lawyer.
laugh.gif

I'll spare the details...
guns.gif
The heck with that Spill the Beans Bro I just got a ticket as well and the Leo was in the wrong for sure and I call the court house and I asked could I send in the Pic's I had took of the area were he pulled me over he said I was doing 75 in a 55. I was in a 70 MPH zone and I had my crusie control set in the car. I do not speed what so ever when in the car with the wife and kid and they told me I had to present my case in court so I am just going to take defensive driving and have it removed from my record. you could do the same if you have not taken Defensive driving in the past 12 months.

2cents.gif
and you didn't ask for PBJ because?
i did ask for PBJ but they don`t just give them out to a 5 pointer..they did knock off 3 points and thats probably the best your gonna get on a ticket like that..

In San Diego, we have this lawyer called "Mr. Ticket".  You pay him $99; he does all the work.  You never have to appear (at least, to date, I haven't
laugh.gif
).

Next thing you know, there's a letter in your mailbox reading CASE DISMISSED!  No points, no insurance messiness, no appearances, just NONE of the regular oogieness you'd expect in a situation like that.

Maybe he can refer you to a similar 'service' in your area.  His number is 619-563-1515.

Good luck.

like i said it`s all about money..
cool.gif

If you really want to be an ahole you can ask for the officers radar gun calibration record. Those things need to be calibrated every so often. Because they can be off by a few miles per hour. But if you where going "168 mph in a 35." then that really wont help much if you know what I mean. Talk to a lawyer about it. If you want to go to court and explain yourself you DO NOT plea guilty you plea no contest then explain. here is the meaning of it:

"No Contest Plea

The plea of No Contest is not an admission of guilt, but is an admission of the truth of the facts alleged in the information or complaint, and such a plea of admission will not be used against the Defendant in any subsequent civil or criminal proceedings."

And if you plea not guilty then they wont ask you anything and reschedule you for a real court date with the officer present. Then you are pretty much screwed if he has his $hit together. Ride Safe and slow down.

In San Diego, we have this lawyer called "Mr. Ticket". You pay him $99; he does all the work. You never have to appear (at least, to date, I haven't
laugh.gif
).

Next thing you know, there's a letter in your mailbox reading CASE DISMISSED! No points, no insurance messiness, no appearances, just NONE of the regular oogieness you'd expect in a situation like that.

Maybe he can refer you to a similar 'service' in your area. His number is 619-563-1515.

Good luck.

like i said it`s all about money..
cool.gif
O yea and those lawyers that take care of it for you are pretty good because most of the time the get the ticket to be heard by one of their "buddys" turned judge and thats how they get them off.

Back