Ad's causing print to be off

Captain,

I would say that it happens on more than a third of all pages (when viewing the site from my IPad). It seems to be worse with posts where there is not a ton of text (shorter posts).

Refreshing the page doesn't solve the issue.

I have noticed that it sometimes affects posts later on the page inspite of the fact that the first post is formatted properly.

I'm going to start looking at the Ads to see if it seems to always be the same content that is causing it; maybe there is some content that isn't formatted properly.

I know I'm new here, but I really enjoy the forum -- is there a way to contribute $$$ or labor to the support of the site?

Finally, I hope I'm not coming across as a whiner, I really just want to provide enough info so that the issue can be resolved.

--Sky

When we design and work on the site we test on multiple systems. I have an IPAD and the site loads fine on it. Every once in awhile I get a double ad on my PC but if I just refresh the screen it goes away. There are so many combinations of tablets, PC's and browsers it makes testing unrealistic in most cases... We test the big ones, if using safari isnt getting you what you need you might try the mobile version of the site, it free!

Remember that we do resize all pics on the site for storage and bandwidth. Full size images typically don't show up like the size they are on your local computer... You can test this theory pretty easily.. Just upload a couple of the pics into this thread and see what they look like when they are not the first or last post...

I understand your point. I've uploaded (linked pictures) many times to this site and know what to expect.

The first two screen prints are what I currently see. The last screen print is what I expect to see (what I used to see before recent changes). As you can see, the ad's cause the pictures to be a great deal smaller. The ad takes up half the width of the post... all the way to the bottom. Lot's of wasted white space.

View attachment 1558992

View attachment 1558993

View attachment 1558994

Okay so here is what I have done... To be creative and try to find a way that doesn't impact your reading format I made the banners now show up after the "text" of the post is made.. Meaning that the banner will just move down to the bottom of the text and start from there.. We really do want you guys to enjoy coming to the site but we also have to pay the bills.. The ads from Google and other marketing companies fill these ads and we get paid a little, sometimes as little as a penny per each time someone refreshes the page but hey it all ads up. If you see something in the ad that catches your eye we get paid way more for someone clicking through to another website to check out what is for sale... So..... I really need the ads to show and we really get the best bang for the buck when someone clicks on a banner... so keep your eye out and please understand why we have the banners up in the first place.. We have always offered the site to anyone and everyone free of charge and we want to keep it that way... We just need you to work with us every once in awhile....

Let me know if this new change is easier on your eyes and provides bigger pictures....

cap

Let me know if this new change is easier on your eyes and provides bigger pictures....

cap

The change you made moved the ad to the bottom of the post, but the small pictures and the empty vertical white space remain as before.

I understand the need for ads. It's too bad the ad can't be made to occupy horizontal space in the post instead of the entire vertical right side of the post.

I also noticed that not every post in a thread contains an ad. When pictures are posted "down the thread" in a post without an ad, the pictures appear full sized. It would be nice to have everything consistent.

Don't keep changing things on my behalf. If everyone else is cool with the format, then I guess we are good. If I choose to post up pics in the future, I'll probably try to figure out how to "outsmart" the system and somehow get my pictures on a post without an ad... or not.

Blanca the answer for you is to use a mobile app or use the mobile version we provide for FREE!

Captain, I went to the AppStore looking for the app and couldn't locate it by searching either "Hayabusa" or "Hayabusa.org". How do I find the mobile app to install it?

--Sky

Here is a link to the main section Hayabusa News - Hayabusa.oRg News

If you click on the URL above then you can see the mobile in a regular browser too... If you get stuck in the mobile browser you can go to the bottom of the page and click the FULL SITE link and it will take you back to the full site...

Last edited:
RussellJ said:
You have to have a browser add-on like Adblock.

By blocking and not clicking on the ads that interest you, you are not supporting this site. We get $$ for clicks. Please think twice before doing so.

Back