Ad's causing print to be off

I just learned how to screen shot my iPhone!

Now how do paste the picture in this message?

Captain,

I'm having the same problem and it can make this otherwise wonderful forum quite painful to read. FWIW I couldn't figure out how to attach the image from my Ipad, so I had to log on from a buddy's computer to get this done. Hopefully the picture will attach from here.

This happens fairly regularly, but not all the time. I hope it helps.

If I could, I'd try to get the source for you, but I have no idea how to do that from an Ipad.

This is happening for me on an Ipad 2 in Safari -- latest IOS/browser version

photo.jpg

Last edited:
Another interesting thing I've seen -- this typically happens on the first post on a page. Following posts seem to align properly, but if the person who's post is doubled up at the top of the page has another post on that same page, it will have the very narrow print as well even if there are no ads in it.

Why do the ads appear anyway?--didn't used to......
I have a MAcBook and have not had an issue yet. I think it has to do with helping the Org financially. Not sure but seems I read something about it somewhere. I would like to know how to save a screen shot on my Macbook as well. I didn't know you could do that :laugh:

to screenshot on your mac you hold command+shift+3. it saves to the desktop. also i have the same problem on my iPhone 4s.

The other issue, besides the difficult text, is that any photos posted are reduced to mini size. I just put up a trip summary with pictures and they all look the size of postage stamps.

I don't see the point of posting pictures if nobody can enjoy them. I do not plan to put up any more photos on this newly revised thread-web-page-with-ad's format.

The other issue, besides the difficult text, is that any photos posted are reduced to mini size. I just put up a trip summary with pictures and they all look the size of postage stamps.

I don't see the point of posting pictures if nobody can enjoy them. I do not plan to put up any more photos on this newly revised thread-web-page-with-ad's format.

It looks fine to me.... .

I am seeing full size pics of the ones you posted. They were good pictures btw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Captain,

I'm having the same problem and it can make this otherwise wonderful forum quite painful to read. FWIW I couldn't figure out how to attach the image from my Ipad, so I had to log on from a buddy's computer to get this done. Hopefully the picture will attach from here.

This happens fairly regularly, but not all the time. I hope it helps.

If I could, I'd try to get the source for you, but I have no idea how to do that from an Ipad.

This is happening for me on an Ipad 2 in Safari -- latest IOS/browser version

How often do you see a double post like this? Have you tried to hit the refresh and see what happens?

It looks fine to me.... .

I am seeing full size pics of the ones you posted. They were good pictures btw.

OK, what am I doing wrong?

The pictures I see are barely 3"x5" (the width of the post area minus the width of the ad). I've tried IE8 and Google Chrome (on a regular full sized PC with a 17" monitor). Based on other pics I've posted and other pics I can see in other threads, the pics should be at least 7"x9" or so for linked in pictures. The pics I see are roughly 25% the size they should be.

OK, what am I doing wrong?

The pictures I see are barely 3"x5" (the width of the post area minus the width of the ad). I've tried IE8 and Google Chrome (on a regular full sized PC with a 17" monitor). Based on other pics I've posted and other pics I can see in other threads, the pics should be at least 7"x9" or so for linked in pictures. The pics I see are roughly 25% the size they should be.

Remember that we do resize all pics on the site for storage and bandwidth. Full size images typically don't show up like the size they are on your local computer... You can test this theory pretty easily.. Just upload a couple of the pics into this thread and see what they look like when they are not the first or last post...

Captain,

I would say that it happens on more than a third of all pages (when viewing the site from my IPad). It seems to be worse with posts where there is not a ton of text (shorter posts).

Refreshing the page doesn't solve the issue.

I have noticed that it sometimes affects posts later on the page inspite of the fact that the first post is formatted properly.

I'm going to start looking at the Ads to see if it seems to always be the same content that is causing it; maybe there is some content that isn't formatted properly.

I know I'm new here, but I really enjoy the forum -- is there a way to contribute $$$ or labor to the support of the site?

Finally, I hope I'm not coming across as a whiner, I really just want to provide enough info so that the issue can be resolved.

--Sky

Back