Adkin's for Busa

flitemedic13

Registered
anyone know how much the stock exhaust with cans weighs? and the weight of some aftermarket exhausts?

any way other than exhaust and PAIR removal, to trim her down without spending a fortune?

I too have often wondered why the busa was 100+ pounds more than the 1Ks. We are only talking 300cc more displacement and a bit beefier frame for the crazy power but what is it that makes the busa such a porker.

I figure you can loose around 50 pounds of weight with carbon/ magnesium wheels, single can exhaust (with most the packing removed), lighter kickstand and rear sets, removed grab bar.

Plus it will look, sound and perform better.

And should only set you back around 5K.......
That is 10 pounds for every thousand dollars.
Not what I would call a cheap diet.
But it will drive the ladies nuts!
IMHO.....money well spent!

hmm wonder how much weight u offload by getting lighter wheels? and would it change the performance or stability at all? id prolly switch but they are just so damn expensive! id want black or carbon fiber but those are pretty pricey just as much as the chrome ones...damn..!

thats cool, those carbon ones are very nice....i guess the point i was gonna make was ..geez its just a wheel rim..why is it 2-3K for them? i mean if i was gonna spend that much hell id get a turbo system and not have to worry about the weight of the wheels. think the industry has us by the short hairs.....

change wheels (2300)- i think 30lbs less
change pipes (1000)- 30lbs less
carbong fiber gas tank (1000)- 10lbs less
rear sets, levers, mirrors,bar ends, passngers pegs, and sproket and chain (about 1000)- another 25-30lbs lost
I think im not sure and am only guessing
that would be about 100 less pounds on the busa
that and two teeth up inb the back should make you kill anything on the road
so for about 5300 hun you can loss some pounds
or just get the new busa in 05 and pray it losses some weight!

A lighter busa might be nice if it doesn't screw up the driveability, ie. comfort, stability. However, if I was going to invest $3k - $5k into the bike, it would be for serious hp (turbo) and not necessarily for lighter parts. The difference in power would more than negate any weight savings. IMHO.

A lighter busa might be nice if it doesn't screw up the driveability, ie. comfort, stability.  However, if I was going to invest $3k - $5k into the bike, it would be for serious hp (turbo) and not necessarily for lighter parts. The difference in power would more than negate any weight savings. IMHO.
better spending I would agree!

Back