Hayabusa weight?

hayabusapower

Registered
Trying to figure out how much my hayabusa weighs. Im changing my front spring and on race tech there a spring rate calculator. I don't have the original exhaust I replace it with a full Yoshimura carbon fiber TRS exhaust, I know the TRS exhaust will reduce the weight of my bike because of the single side pipe, other then that my bike is stock ooo ya I remove the pair valve also.. Does anyone have an idea how much my bike weighs?

How much do you weigh??I am told if you are over 165 lbs, then you need 1000lb or 1K springs up front minimum.

I talked with my suspension guy here and he says I would need 1k springs minimum and I am 195 but he also said I need a 1500lb spring in the rear but that sounded excessive.I went 700lb spring in the rear but stayed stock up front and just tweaked the adjustments to my liking.I should have done springs when I did my fork seals but didnt want to wait.Its funny they set these up for a 165lb guy and most of us are 180 and up that ride these.

A gen 2 stock 585lbs with all fluids... A gen 2 with r77 full system 548lbs. with all fluids .This was on wheelers scale.

my 2003 GEN 1 with Brocks GEN3 Full street smart SS (the larger 20" can) no weight reduction mods, weighed 520 pound with 1/2 tank. +2 gallons= ~16pounds so figure 540 loaded. i weight 280 and i JUST (3 days ago) installed 1.2KG springs in front with 15 weight oil...and WOW it amazing!!!! it now feels like it should!

What does changing the springs actually do? Does it make it a stiffer ride?

I don't want to sacrifice the smooth ride that I have now.

I just weighed my 2006 today on a vehicle scale at the local landfill. It's 540 pounds with a full tank of gas. A full Yoshimura RS3 exhaust and removal of the rear fender are the only weight savings I've done to it.

What does changing the springs actually do? Does it make it a stiffer ride?

I don't want to sacrifice the smooth ride that I have now.
Fitting the correct springs allows the bikes suspension to work in the proper travel range and set the sag as it should be

Oil grade and damping effects the ride the most but its a balancing act...changing one often needs changes made with the others.

I run 1K Ohlins forks on my Gen I but I got my bike down to 478lbs with about 2 gallons of fuel. I am anywhere from 215lbs to 275lbs......I like food too much...

OK, so how'd you guys do it? Checking the factory sticker on my Grandsons '05, 1300R, it says 938 lbs, curb weight. You're talking a 400 lb. drop. How'd you do it?

OK, so much for the sticker. When he heals, and, the bike gets put back together, we'll take it to a truck scale and find out. (wish I could take and post PICs here. The sticker says waht the sticker says.) Th manual I order came in to day and it too says 473 lbs. Sorry if I sound confused. It is because I am! Aargh!

I think its safe to say that everyone on this forum and any other forum that has any experience with hayabusas or sportbikes for that matter will unanimously agree that there is absolutley no way a Gen1 hayabusa weighs 900+ pounds despite whatever a sticker tells you..........

Back