Quietest Aftermarket Exhaust

For 1 because not everyone thinks its cool when you give it the gas, I get so mad at harly riders that can it when they drive by you... its like an infringement on your space... people shouldn't have to hear loud pipes... And most piped sport bikes to me sound like a wacked out bumble bee...

2) I live rural, and every police car within 8 miles can hear you when you are doing high speed runs.

3) gets REAL old to listen to when you drive around

JMO

I agree.

The worst part about loud Harley's is they make so much noise and take so long to pass you. Even if you're standing alongside the road, there's no perceptible Doppler shift in frequency as they go by.

The worst part about loud Harley's is they make so much noise and take so long to pass you. Even if you're standing alongside the road, there's no perceptible Doppler shift in frequency as they go by.
:rofl:
I'm in the same delima. I don't know if I can stand loud( I luv the look of the black alienhead). The yosh R77 not over powering or maybe the TiForce full dual. The TiForce full dual has everthing nice throaty exhuast without being obnoxious and keeps the duals but does not looks as good as the yosh r77 or as sexy as the brocks alienhead. jm.0:whistle:2

I talked to Yoshimura on the phone a week or two ago and was told their R77 makes less power than stock with the noise plug in. I called because I saw the dyno sheets on their website showing less power than stock after installing the full R77 exhaust.
Here's the dyno chart straight off their website for the R22 system on my 04 busa. They show a 10 hp gain. The lady I talked to at yosh said the insert costs about 2 hp. I haven't dyno'd my bike, but the full yosh system with the insert made the kind of sotp increase that you don't need a dyno to notice :thumbsup: I lost a little below 5 grand, but gained a bunch above :laugh: And its quiet enough to take the wife on all day rides, without her complaining about the sound level. Imo yosh did a nice job of gaining power and still being decently quiet. That combined with the huge weight loss and lighter handling has really impressed me :beerchug:
I'm not sure whats up with the R77 on the 2nd gen busa's tho :dunno: We need someone to chime in with that set-up and give us their feedback ;)

Yoshi R22 dyno chart.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I am talking about.

I know it can be done because I've been around and drag raced performance cars and motorcycles for over 20 years. That's why I am still looking for an exhaust that will make more power than stock without making my ears bleed, costs $2200, or gets me a ticket from the CHP.

It was funny. The guy at yoshimura says to me about the dyno sheet on their website "no, that can't be right. can you hold on?" Then he comes back a couple of minutes later and told me that it was correct. With the noise plug in it makes slightly less power than stock. This is on the GenII.

Last edited:
Yoshimura originally had a dyno graph for the 08 busa that showed a 8hp increase over stock. I think it was about 175hp to 183hp. I wonder why they'd update the dyno graph pic with crappier numbers?

Brock's Street Smart is one of the quieter exhaust out there. I know because I replaced the outrageously loud Alien Head with the Street Smart on my 99. MUCH quieter. I put the Yosh R77 on my 08. I'm happy with the sound.

Back