Adding Some Nitrous To The Mix

89mustang

Registered
I haven't hit what I think the bike will do on motor yet. I'm still working on that.

I bought an mps spraybar (engine builder suggestion) going to get it tuned on a 75hp shot. Using the ecu editor spray it progressively. I have a little down time this week. It's my daughters first birthday party and we've been getting everything ready.

If anyone has an electrical or nitrous plumbing tips I'm all ears.

Figured the forum seemed kinda dead thought I'd bring something new to talk about.

A good system has an accurate gage, and you should be around 950 pounds for the rated HP from the jets. Watch your pressure. If you get over 1250 pounds sometimes solenoids won't open. A filter is also a good idea so that any junk in the system gets caught before the nitrous or purge solenoids. Nothing like having a solenoid get stuck to make your day interesting.

Depends on what you get. I've seen them where they are simply part of a 1/8-NPT to AN fitting but the one I have is about 2.5" long and has NPT fittings on the end. I run my nitrous hose from the bottle up to the filter and it is NPT so it goes directly into the filter. Then I think I hooked it up directly to my solenoid which is NPT as well.

Back