nitrous pop

knockoutms

Registered
i have an 05 drag busa with a fifty shot of nitrous (wet) with a progressive and everything else, Why would it be that i don't hear the nitrous pop like the other nitrous bikes? possible problem? Any tips would be good thanks, and yes i do have an air shifter.

Sounds like you have a pretty nice setup on your bike being that it's a wet kit with a progressive controller,Im guessing your bike has probably been tuned on the dyno as well and is probably set up safe.Usually when using nitrous,a pop is a bad thing you want to try and avoid.It can can from a number of different things but usually you get a lean pop"a bad burn it down type of deal" especially from people who like to run big dry kits and overtax the factory fuel system so it ends up going lean on the top end where it needs the fuel the most.You can also get a pop if you timing is really aggressive or a fouled plug or if the system isnt purged properly but the purge is more of an issue with cars where the lines are longer and can have alot of air in them.But as long as your not getting any bad pops,studders or detonation I wouldn't worry to much,sounds like you did things the right way.I have quite a bit of experience with nitrous drag cars,not so much motorcycles but it's mostly all relevant,but I will tell you that Daniel "Goldenchild" of cloud 9 is probably your best bet for any nitrous questions you might have,his number is on the the front page.Nick

Mine pops when I use the airshifter regardless of whether I'm spraying or not.

What kind of shifter do you have? Any shifter that works by killing spark pretty much has to pop.

Personally, I love that sound.

Bro,if you have no pop be happy,most pops come from loss of spark and reigniting of the gases in the cylinder...A system that runs with a shifter with no pop shows that the delay on the shifter is right on and set to allow the least amount of time that spark is lost..Dry systems sometimes carry more of a pop than wet due to loss of fuel until the fire comes back as the wet has the fuel with it at all times....Be happy.

Is my bike "poping" better now Daniel?  
beerchug.gif

(frisbee @ Sep. 30 2007,19:45) Is my bike "poping" better now Daniel?  
beerchug.gif
Did you mean pooping better?
laugh.gif
You don't want the popping you want it pooping.....
ices_rofl.gif

I beleive the muzzy shifter kit (with digikill box) will not pop because it kills fuel before spark.Not something you want to run with NOS or you will poop!

Back