nitrous busa

Slammin

Registered
welp, Finally broke down and bought a nitrous kit and an air shifter for my busa......sick of all the other boosted bikes beating me so here we go. Anyone that has done this got any tips I got the mps spyder and mps air shifter. Someday I may turbo my bike but damn its so expensive.

I would like to ride a nos bike..
I been thinking of selling my turbo kit..
Because i might go a bigger kit on pump gas..

My advice with nitrous.
Not sure if your going with a wet or dry setup.
Read about it theory wise, understand it.
Start small and work your way up.
Be very precise in your work and installation. (this isnt a job you do drinking beers with your buddies over)
I dont run nitrous on my busa but I have ran nitrous on other bikes in the past with success.

Dont try and cut corners, nitrous isnt forgiving.

its a dry kit....wet kits scare the **** out of me.....I want to go turbo someday but thats a big check to write compared to nos

its a dry kit....wet kits scare the **** out of me.....I want to go turbo someday but thats a big check to write compared to nos

It's a big check either way if you blow it up and like stated, nitrous isn't typically as forgiving.

I guess I'm a little confused as to why a wet kit scares you more than a dry kit?

If you run dry you still must increase the fuel while nos is on... Wet is just nice because The extra fuel is controlled by the same switch so it ends up (after install) being easier to use. Jmo. I haven't taken the busa to the local strip, but on my 1k as I remember I wasn't wot that much... Which is the only time you run nitrous. But I didn't go too hard either. Let's see some install pics.

I dont know the concept behind the dry seems more stable to me (apparently im wrong) It just scares me to mix in the fuel. I am waiting on it to come I will have it all installed by next week.....nitrous shouldnt blow my motor up with it on I should be pushing around 200-210 whp and everything I have read and or heard a stock busa motor can handle 300whp. Now you guys are starting to make me second guess it lol.

I don't mean to make you second guess. Just keep the shot small, and learn as much as possible about it. When I started with my car I started with a 25 shot and could feel the difference while using. Almost like boost spool. So just find out if you can get 5 or 10 just to start. And double check everything.

dont know what kit you have but follow the manufactures instructions and itll be fine. just get it tuned. you need at least a pc3 with the dual tuning capabilities(with the add on switch). you will need a tune on and off the gas. id put at least a 50 shot on it. at least thats what ive done with my 2 busas. anything less is a joke.

the wet kit just has a fuel solenoid as well as a n2o solenoid. so you dont have to add fuel through the pc. better set up for higher hp levels.

been messing with n2o since '90. had a couple of stangs runnin low 10's thanks to the stuff

mps spyder system right now I have 40 shots being sent to me...will def get it tuned before i do any playing around on it...and my buddy runs a shop he will be doing the install

Back