Abs breaks fail the abs light is working normally

vphathom

Registered
2019 Busa rear breaks wont stop the bike, they barely slow me down, the break pads are good, the break pedal is hard, but no stopping power , the front breaks are great some times the rear breaks work but fail most of the time

Are the rear pads glazed? Sometimes without you really knowing it, your foot can ride the rear brake ever so slightly which will glaze the pads...

You could try taking the pads out and lightly scuffing them with a light sand paper....

Rear brakes on these things aren't very stellar to begin with.

The rear brake on a GEN 2 ABS bike sucks big Donkey D$%K Some have a air pocket in the pump/lines .
This is another part of the reason I deleted my ABS .
Bryan how’s things?I’ve been away from the bike for a long while now and am gonna finally delete the abs this summer.
Did you cut out the 2 rear hard lines?What did you cut them out with?

Bryan how’s things?I’ve been away from the bike for a long while now and am gonna finally delete the abs this summer.
Did you cut out the 2 rear hard lines?What did you cut them out with?
Good set of side cutters or dikes

I see from your other posts that you resurfaced the pads per @Bumblebee's suggestion.

What is the history of this bike? Was it down on the right side?

Some of what you posted sounds like a clogged reservoir return port. (I do not know how rear is designed perhaps you guys can comment on this?)

I make a point on most rides to do at least one moderate stop with the rear brake as a safety test. With enough force it stops nicely from moderate speeds. It does seem to lose firmness as the bike heats up though.

Oops a clogged return would cause the brake to stick. Please accept my apologies. I wish we could edit our posts for a bit longer than a couple minutes.

2019 Busa rear breaks wont stop the bike, they barely slow me down, (...)

at the busa the usual ratio between front and rear brake is around 70 : 30 or 72 : 25 %
at others like the brandnew gsx r 1000 the ratio is as fas i´m informed only at 90 : 10 or 95 : 5 %

as long as you can get the rear tire get "screaming ´n rub" it should be ok.

Back