A slow,painful ride y.day.....

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I rode for 6 hours yesterday with a guy who rides a .......CBR 125. I may have hit 4 th gear a couple of times, but oy vay, I was exhausted at the end. Top speed was 100 k an hour.

Hey, for someone who is a new-ish rider, he was pretty respectable but arghhhh, my wrists and fingers are killing me today. He shook my hand before we parted and I almost burst into tears cause his grip was pretty firm and my arthritis was raging through all of both my hands, just to much weight on them all day.

But, bless his heart, he's out there.......

yea, riding with a bike 1/10th the size, and didn't even try to make him feel bad, you're a bigger man than i am, lol.

Sounds like what happens to me when I ride with my Hardley friends,,on gps it ends up average moving speed=43-45mph,,sheeesh,,haha,, but fun to ride behind and watch as they think they are 'Gettin' on down the road' ,,hahaha :laugh:

kudos for ridin with a newbie... make sure he learns proper.:beerchug:

For some reason, I end up riding with a lot of noobs. I think word gets 'round how patient I am and I am very consious to give confidence inspiring feedback, and constructive feedback.

I NEVER belittle any new rider, I am just happy that another person is joining the motorcycling world. If they do something weird or dangerous I flag them over and tell them why they shouldn't do whatever, with a smile and off we go again.

You know, I have been riding since 87 and ya gotta give back, ya know....:thumbsup:

But it's almost time to pick up the pace a little. I'll be up north in a couple weeks.. See you soon..

You are a good man my friend! We all have to do our good samaritan duties from time to time.

We thank you for steping up!

Thats how my Harley rides were when we were going on group rides (up to 8 riders). They drove 5 to 10 under the speed limit at all times which worked out to about 45mph with full power blasts up to 50 when they had the room. Lots of noise but no go. It tired me out riding that slow for the day (3 hours). A few always brought up the rear at speeds below 45 on the big full dressers. I was the last guy in line and I finally had to pass the others as they were letting a gap open up that was over 1/4 mile between the main group and them trying to keep up. It took everything I had not to open the throttle. Anyway, after we seperated to all go home, I really ripped the throttle. What a blessing! Pure unadulterated horsepower. Very relaxing.:thumbsup:

Riding a beast like the busa behind a bunch of slow moving vehicles is painful even for just a few minutes but for hours at a time, that's torture, forget it, I'd have nothing to do with that and have many times just left groups and waited for them at the next corner/turn - Forget about it!

43 mph Average, Hummmmmmmmm :whistle: , that's what I average on a day ride ::11 !

Of course that includes time for a nice Breakfast , Great Lunch (Ital if possible) and stopping to see the sights :laugh:

Well done!

Two recommendations:

1) Get the Busa serviced. You're gonna have to get the slow cleaned out of it now. :)

2) Next time, to make it more interesting, pull three spark plugs and never leave 1st gear. :laugh:

Back