sad, painful day.

texzukguy

Registered
I am typing with one hand, so please excuse any mistakes.

at 8pm last night, the busa and i went down. or rather we went down and up and end over end. i was unconsious for a spell, and got a bad concussion, so i am still piecing everything together. still blurry. i dont remember, really, the last five miles before the accident. but a witness behind me said a carfull of younger adults were screwing with me for a couple of miles. speeding up and slamming on brakes, speeding up and slamming on the brakes. finger gestures, etc, oncoming traffic was too thick too pass. for the locals, this was on 1187 going west towards I-35 right around rendon. well, all i remember is seeing brake lights all of a sudden, and having to decide quick, oncoming traffic, or cross the lane and go for the ditch. the witness said the car had spead up and when i got the sharp right hand curve, they jacked on the brakes in front of me. i crossed in front of an oncoming vehicle, down steep ditch, endoed, then the bike and i went airborne. apparently the bike followed the ditch, while i hit the top of a fence with overgrown brush on it, then bounced over to beside the bike. dont know how long i was out, but first thing i rember is walking to the ambulance, spitting my tooth on the road.

the cop said it looks like i did a good job, to go between a telephone pole and fence into the ditch, and probably would have been able to ride it out, but my front tire hit a 6x6 board, send us flying.

i had my gear on, helmet, jacket, boots, and just jeans. the icon helmet (i am told) is crcked front to back. and i am not sre what shape the jacket is in. the icon gloves did their job, too.

i ended up with a separated shoulder with torn ligaments, dislocated kneecaps that are swollen like cantelopes, right wrist is sprained, broken off tooth in back, left ass cheek is black, and a bad concussion. pupils are still two different sizes. all in all, i am lucky in many ways. the gear is worth the money. i thank god i didnt end up in their car or the front of someone elses. maybe my skills got me to the safest spot available, maybe luck.

i got out of the er at 6 this morning, and am in serious pain. have felt worse, but never had a shoulder injury. i havent seen the bike, but it is totaled. going to look at it and my gear in a couple of hours. will take pics and post them tonight or tomorrow.

i am sorry to hear this. take it easy and get better. i bet the .org can help you with your bike when you get around to it. just get healed up

Holy...! Glad you're out of it well enough to be able to post.

Sounds like you were a victim of some of the unfortunate elements of society. Lesson learned: ALWAYS get away from any vehicle that displays any sign of actively "effing" with you out there. Stop, turn off, speed up, slow down, whatever it takes.

Sorry that you got caught up in some serious crap but, as you say, you're very luck in many ways.

Get well and take the time to do it right. There are plenty of Hayabusa's around but we only get on mortal coil to work with for life.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wow!! Glad you are well enough to be here and type out this post.
Godspeed and hope you are back on two soon.
Bubba

sorry to hear about the wreck...but glad you're still around to tell us. did any witnesses get a tag # or anything? prayers sent for a speedy and full recovery

That's terrible. Very sorry indeed. Did they apprehend those rotton stinking punk bastards? Get well soon.

Brother...I'm so sorry about this.

Glad you're alive (1), and able to tell the tale.

Here in Cali, that type of activity from a car can be ruled "attempted murder".

I hope you heal up fast, that someone caught those kids or a witness of any kind will come forward, and that you are treated 'right' in the disposition of your 'busa.

Good luck.

Wow I am glad you are ok. Hard to know what to do in that situation. perhaps if you were ahead of them they might have rearended you and turned you into a hood ordiment.

What a bunch of lil f*ck heads! Immature dumb azzes that don't even realize that they could have cost someone their life. I wish you could have got a plate number.

Get rest, get well, and do what you can to get back in the saddle.

Did you manage to get (and remember) the tag #?

+1000 on just PULL OFF not worth it.

Luck/God is on your side. Get yourself back together. Hopefully those POS will experience the ol "carma runeth over dogma" x10. It's almost a good thing that you can't remember the whole incident if you know what I mean. Godspeed with your physical and mental recovery.

Also glad that you're doing ok....this and Dewey's post reminds me of how fast things can go so wrong. Get well soon!

sorry to hear, hope they catch the sob's, prayers sent for a speedy recovery..

i know a good hypnotherapist that can help u remember those a-holes plate number that caused you to go down

Back