A new Toy

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys it looks like Im gettin a new toy if things work out over the next couple of days.

I helped a good friend of mine rebuild a 56 chevy police car, I know that I never should have but I have coveted this car for years, his wife wouldnt part with it. I stopped by today and she said that she was offering the car to me and me alone. This car is so much fun to drive.... Vortech V8, new tranny, air conditioner, Interiior is completely refurbished, its a daily driver.

Whaddya think

ark078.jpg

Were still discussing the price, its just a 56 4dr but man is it a head turner and tons of fun... You can fit 6 of your best friends in the front and 12 more in the trunk.

Cap

Sweet looking car Captain. How much trouble can you get into with the little red lights?
laugh.gif

12 in the trunk? ( an image of a chainsaw appears in my mind...) ... never mind...
biggrin.gif

Is it legal to drive this car, since it is a police car?

doesn't painting police on the side of a car make it illegal to drive?

come on I don't see any lights... now why would it be illegal?
rock.gif

Looks great cap! Hope you get a deal on it...glad she offered it up to you since you've helped with the rebuild and had your eye on it every since...
smile.gif

Very cool Cap. Jump on that deal or you may wait a long time to get another chance at a car like that.

Its not against the law in Ok to have the lights unless you turn them on, I mean unless you get caught turning them on. Most of the Officers here like the car, there are a lot that pull up along side of you give ya the thumbs up. Since I was an officer here its kinda fitting, I know em all here locally too. There are a lot of request for the car in photo ops for the pd so the car is well known..

cAp

All I can say is SCHWEET!!!

Nothing can really turn heads like an oldie...I see some older folks (60-70 yrs old) driving around their vintage machines, and I always make sure I give them a thumbs up. I love those cars!

Sweet ride, Cap....

Back