A mission for you guys/gals

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Got a Harley riding fool (I really love him though) insisting that he's not really impressed with the shots of oh, let's say vman, dragging his knee in the corner in the pink shirt, sparks flying...

Nope, he's convinced that unless you scrape the bike, you aren't leaning over...I used to have some awesome pics of a Busa in Australia on Phillips Island with scuffed up lower fairings and scraped stator cover, but I can't find 'em...

Share 'em if you've got any so I can show my friend that the Busa does lean...a lot...
wink.gif

I think a couple of our members here have done that, rubbed the fairing. forgot who though.

Did we have to scrape a knee to rub a fairing or could something else have happened?
laugh.gif

Hmmmm.... Okay...

Picture001.jpg

And, look at the fairngs by the ground... the front is even closer to the ground... I'll post up pics of the scraped faring if he wants...

Picture003.jpg

Omar has a pic from a track day where he scuffed his fairing...I think WWJD might as well...

(yamahor @ May 03 2007,11:01) Hmmmm.... Okay...
Here's pics of the scrape from that turn and the right side is from another turn...

Left side (turn in pics...)

wearmarkleft.jpg

Right side (after this turn in the pics...)

wearmarkright.jpg

(MC MUSTANG @ May 03 2007,10:08) Omar has a pic from a track day where he scuffed his fairing...I think WWJD might as well...
Yup.

Right side:

scrape1__Medium_.jpg

There you go guys!! Keep 'em coming...I'm going to send him a link to this thread so he can see for himself that the bikes do scrape the road...
super.gif

considering the ground clearance on a harley is quite pathetic.... his method of measure seems a bit "askew"

the average harley is going to start scraping parts about 10~15 degrees off center....and when you add a weak but "comfy" shock to the equation, plus rider weight and perhaps 160lb+ woman.....the load compresses that shock so that the lean angle is even less.

I have yet to meet anyone (that isn't stuck on "status") who didn't regret buying a hardley-hardley-hardley- I hardley run - I hardley run ... BANG!

(VaBusa @ May 03 2007,11:26) There you go guys!!  Keep 'em coming...I'm going to send him a link to this thread so he can see for himself that the bikes do scrape the road...  
super.gif
This wouldn't be the same man who I met on the VA fall ride, would it?

(yamahor @ May 03 2007,12:13)
(VaBusa @ May 03 2007,11:26) There you go guys!!  Keep 'em coming...I'm going to send him a link to this thread so he can see for himself that the bikes do scrape the road...  
super.gif
This wouldn't be the same man who I met on the VA fall ride, would it?
Nope Ben...you met his Harley though
laugh.gif

BusaCruise, I wasn't turning this in to a "let's bash the guy on the Harley" because God knows I can't outride the guy...I was just wanting some photographic evidence for him so he can see that the Busas lean...

He's ridden my Busa, BTW...he said he'd kill himself if he owned it, so I'm good with guys/gals choosing their own rides for their own reasons...

I know it's not a busa...but there are a couple from my friend...I heard he gave VMAN a bit of a run through the Dragon...notice the sparks flyin?

a1.jpg

I wish this would be clear.  I did most of my runs through the Dragon before breakfast, so the photographers weren't there yet.  The runs later in the day I seemed to always get behind some cruisers.  The interesting part of this is that all of the pics before and after mine are clear.  I guess I must have been hauling the mail here
smile.gif
There should be plenty of pics like you are looking for on the KillBoy DVD when its delivered.

fotonorm.JPG

(BusaCruise @ May 03 2007,12:42) I know it's not a busa...but there are a couple from my friend...I heard he gave VMAN a bit of a run through the Dragon...notice the sparks flyin?
We did have a bit-o-fun on that pass. It was great seeing that FJR go.

I used to drag hard parts all the time. I have scrapes all over my lowers from not hanging off.

When proper riding form is used, the bike will not lean as much in the corner, but it is traveling much faster.

Pics to prove:

Same corner, same photographer.

With my wife, no hanging off.

r1forumkb2.JPG

Back