Getting low

I live in South Florida (11 curves in 318 miles)
So I dont lean at all.. lol
sorry,double post.
Scott,
There are better ways to get your post numbers up...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Now to get momma to buy into the trackday thing....
Pointers for a convincing argument:
<ul>[*]It will teach you how to ride better with more control.
[*]You'll be more civil on the street since "it's just not the same anymore".
[*]A track bike is less of an investment risk than the Busa if you crash.
[*]There's no cross traffic.
[*]Everyone is going the same direction.
[*]There's an ambulance on site.
[*]There are no LEO's to take you to jail.
[*]It's "almost" better than sex...wait...better not use that one.
laugh.gif

[/list]

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127999233 -->

laugh.gif

[/list]
Thanks, Bro - but she saw your wet track post....set me back a few honey-do's....
Thanks for the input, I am really envious of you and Jason....speaking of which, how did he do at the track? He hasn't posted anything yet. I hope things went okay.

Then theres the cols to spfld 9 min runs if your into higher speeds.
Dayum playa!  That's a half hour in a cage!  LOL

...and I thought doing Zanesville - Westerville in 35 min. was moving!
Hamilton rd to the state street exit in zansville. 13-14 min. There was 8 of us. How fast were you going about 99-100.

That was way back in my dumber days. Now I can make it to spfld in about 30 min.

Good video, thats the way. I always like to be sure of the road condition - holes, gravel, bumps, diesel... I've had a couple of heart stopping moments when the back wheel twitches when I'm leaned right over.

I haven't scraped any of the bike (yet), not even my feet now, I make the habit of pointing my toes right in and sticking my knee out, though my knees have yet to make contact. Too chicken I suppose.

Then theres the cols to spfld 9 min runs if your into higher speeds.
Dayum playa!  That's a half hour in a cage!  LOL

...and I thought doing Zanesville - Westerville in 35 min. was moving!
Hamilton rd to the state street exit in zansville. 13-14 min.  There was 8 of us.  How fast were you going about 99-100.

That was way back in my dumber days.  Now I can make it to spfld in about 30 min.
I'd say we averaged 95 -100,mph, with 3 count 'em 3 top end blasts along the way. Those blasts are what shaved all the time off. There were three of us (Me, Rhythm and Dudewzr)that day. The infamous ride to SR 555 and back.

30 min to spring, that's more like it.

laugh.gif

[/list]
Thanks, Bro - but she saw your wet track post....set me back a few honey-do's....
Thanks for the input, I am really envious of you and Jason....speaking of which, how did he do at the track?  He hasn't posted anything yet.  I hope things went okay.
Haven't heard from Jason
sad.gif
Left him a voice mail and sent a PM. He admits that he's bad about callbacks though.
laugh.gif

That wet track post was a CCS "RACE" weekend and a race license school for me. NORMAL track days aren't going to run in that crap. Although NESBA opens the track for wet practice...not many people go out though.

Sorry for the thread jackin
wink.gif
I'll stop now.

laugh.gif

Whether you have lowered or raised your bike, increased or decreased the shock settings, in or out of the throttle while turning, body position, body/gear weight, cornering speed, corner type, will all dramatically effect what scraps on your bike and when.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128018630 -->

I scraped hard parts, much to my surprise because i wasnt pushing that hard, which is why i was not using my body as much... My suspension settings were too soft, but still the Busa is very low to the ground.

Combination of loading the front before apex, the pavement (uphill sometimes), suspension settings and rider's weight will occasionally make you drag hard parts, but with a proper riding position it should really not be common.

My opinion...

Dragging hard parts is good for bragging, but not good for riding. Just too big of a chance. With half right body position - moved to the inside, the knee should touch much sooner than any of the hard parts.

If somone can take it to the limit with the right body position - my props go to them. But, still too much of a chance.

So, to answer the question - don't do it on purpose.

__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>
+1

Back