A brief history of the Busa s you have and had

Black Blue Burnout.jpg

#BlackBlueBusa ~ #JustTheOneAndOnlyHayabusa ~ #THEoRg *

Black Blue Busa Flames *

The first time I ever rode a Busa was back in '07, a good friend of mine had a '01 Blue and Silver,
1575062580832.png

I was on my new '06 GSXR1000K6 and we swapped bikes one day while out riding.
Now, I'd had GSXR1100 slabsides and a GSXR750J and a GSXR1100M and this was my first ultra lightweight Gixxer thou, 167kg, so when I rode the '01 Busa I really thought it was a big heavy pig but with a lot of torque and pretty good top end power.
I was not sold on Busas . . at all.
Then after a supermoto KTM and a 990 Adventure KTM,
1575063944169.png

1575064054020.png

I saw a '99 red and black Busa come up for sale and I had the cash handy and thought it would be a good collectable bike.
Didn't ride it much in the first year coz I was still riding and really into my KTM Adventure bike. The Busa riding position I was not used to after 3 years of upright position riding, which my back, neck and arms really LOVED!!
I sold the KTM to fund a building project ( a patio) for my house so started riding (and rebuilding) the Busa. I replaced every chassis bearing in the bike and replacement '05 RaceTech kitted forks to make it handle like a new bike and then started on the engine, just bolt-ons though, no internals at first.
Time went by and I saw a fairing kit I liked so bought it and fitted it, and put away the OEM fairings in a big box where they are today.
Then I replaced the cams wish Yoshi spec stage 1, added a PC3, Akrapovic system, K&N A/Filter and I love riding my Gen 1 !
Then . .
1575063338794.png

1575067251495.png

1575067315877.png

And now . .
1575067361711.png

1575067403262.png

1575067441625.png

My first love, 08 King with Triumph Sprint GT hardbags in first pic. Traded this one for a 98 Valkyrie bagger to appease the girlfriend at the time. Kings are not a comy pillion . Second pic is when I had to have another King. Then I was one point away from losing my driving privileges so traded it away. Third pic is my first Busa, an 02 pretty stock. Trading bug got me again so off it went. In between about 6 bikes then came this super clean 08, lots of nice touches on this bike. But the King's pull was too much so I succumbed to buying my third and final. This Turbo beast is not a fair representation of what it is being transformed into with the knowledge and care that only Rob at Boosted Cycle Performance can give it.

king bagger.jpg

second king.jpg

First Busa.jpg

01212_EqtUoQ3KEK_1200x900.jpg

IMG_0914.JPG

The first time I ever rode a Busa was back in '07, a good friend of mine had a '01 Blue and Silver,
View attachment 1608541
I was on my new '06 GSXR1000K6 and we swapped bikes one day while out riding.
Now, I'd had GSXR1100 slabsides and a GSXR750J and a GSXR1100M and this was my first ultra lightweight Gixxer thou, 167kg, so when I rode the '01 Busa I really thought it was a big heavy pig but with a lot of torque and pretty good top end power.
I was not sold on Busas . . at all.
Then after a supermoto KTM and a 990 Adventure KTM,
View attachment 1608545
View attachment 1608546
I saw a '99 red and black Busa come up for sale and I had the cash handy and thought it would be a good collectable bike.
Didn't ride it much in the first year coz I was still riding and really into my KTM Adventure bike. The Busa riding position I was not used to after 3 years of upright position riding, which my back, neck and arms really LOVED!!
I sold the KTM to fund a building project ( a patio) for my house so started riding (and rebuilding) the Busa. I replaced every chassis bearing in the bike and replacement '05 RaceTech kitted forks to make it handle like a new bike and then started on the engine, just bolt-ons though, no internals at first.
Time went by and I saw a fairing kit I liked so bought it and fitted it, and put away the OEM fairings in a big box where they are today.
Then I replaced the cams wish Yoshi spec stage 1, added a PC3, Akrapovic system, K&N A/Filter and I love riding my Gen 1 !
Then . .
View attachment 1608544

View attachment 1608556
View attachment 1608558
And now . .
View attachment 1608559
View attachment 1608561
View attachment 1608562
I love the tribute scheme u got on now but I really like that red and black it came with kiwi. Think im gonna take the decals off mine this winter since that'll be about the only mod this winter is gonna allow me.

Picked up the L2 2012 Busa in late 2013 , 3500km , AU 13k . It was mint , and I loved it from the first day . I did find it uncomfortable , even coming from oil cooled Gixxers , but the right hip was overdue by then for replacement .
Had a set of ti axles and a brand new front BST already put away for project '91 GSXR11 , so added a rear BST , around the same time I updated the calipers and fitted oversize rotors . . I was running older generation Ohlins shock and modified Gen 2 forks with Ohlins 30 cartridges for quite awhile , then , updated to new front FGRT208 and TTX36 rear .
This machine now handles and stops the way I like , and of course that standard but freed up motor always delivers fistfuls of copious grunt .
This machine is like family , I will be keeping it as long as I'm able to ride and enjoy it .

My first Busa, 2001. Few mods: Yosh carbon slip-ons, heated grips, double-bubble screen, gear indicator, TRE. Traded it in on the 2005 below.
View attachment 1608516
My second Busa, 2005. Same mods as I moved them over from the 2001: Yosh carbon slip-ons, heated grips, double-bubble screen, gear indicator, TRE.
View attachment 1608517
First 2008 B-King... traded the 05 Busa in on it as I was looking for something more comfortable. Mods: Yosh slip-on, Yosh fender eliminator, heated grips, TRE, Suzuki factory headlight cowl.
View attachment 1608518
Traded the first King in on a Bonneville to build a side-car rig for my new daughter to enjoy. Ended up missing the fury of the 1340ccs so I part-traded a 1999 TL1000R I had and some cash for another B-King. Minor mods: heated grips, HID headlight, homemade fender eliminator, Area-P slip-on.
View attachment 1608519
Met some crazy dude through the .org who traded me his 2009 Busa for my B-King and a bit of cash. :D It had 4-1 Yosh exhaust, heated grips, Helibar risers, double-bubble screen, etc.
View attachment 1608520
Sold Rubb's Busa to a local cop who was able to actually use it without fear of jail time (Do as I say! Not as I do!)... why? Because my first B-King had popped up for sale and I wanted it back! So I bought it. Again.
View attachment 1608521
I also let it go again this time last year while downsizing for a move. I listed everything I owned for sale and what sold, sold... what didn't is still with me. So yeah, I'm Busa-less for now... but that could change when the Gen3 bike appears! What? Why are you all laughing? A Gen3 could happen! It really could! :p
Well since @Rojo added this link to a recent thread, may as well revive it!

Parted with my repurchased B-King when my old '05 popped up for sale across the country (the story of that is here on the .org) which I repurchased (I sense a theme....) and had shipped 4200kms to my driveway.
52347415546_3a4b6ae1b1_b.jpg

This one's the keeper.

This one wasn't...
52607321066_6d7c9221f5_b.jpg

52691802020_c7100991d1_b.jpg

... although looking back, it should have been too. I bought the '08 cheap(ish) off of a friend as a winter/touring 'Busa project. It was pretty clean but higher mileage and needing a little TLC, which I gave it. But I got so into the whole touring thing that I ended up using it as a partial trade against a new GSXS1000GT+ (a tale also told on the .org) which I quickly regretted. Comfort aside, the 'Busa would have been a far better machine for distance riding... so torquey, so relaxing at highway speeds... unlike the frenetic GT. But I digress....

They did look good together!

52556843657_dcc2a609e2_b.jpg

So that's my Busa history as of today... will there be a Gen3 in my life eventually? Once the prices tank, more than likely. :thumbsup:

Back