A brief history of the Busa s you have and had

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I will start.

First: 2002 Blu Sil. Started like that. Got cool like this. Stock Busa..7 painted parts. Mine...37 painted parts,the rest chrome or polish.All the goodies of the day.
Like this....

Rubbed.

Pulled up beside a guy on a Gen II. Never scene one up close. Im on my blk o7. Heès on a silver Gen II. I told him to pull over so we could bullshid bikes. He says I have to sell it. Life issues. I say I got 6 grand right now. He sas I need 87 hun. (thats what they were going for back then,in these parts) I say well,too bad.
He calls an hour later says you got $6,250 :super: I said hell ya. My first Gen II.:laugh:
Didnt do much to her...cept abuse her of course. Kiddin Sold her because I wasnt sold on the color.

Rubb ed her good.

Then my dream bike. When the busa came out I thought...one day somebody is gonna turbo that thing. I want one.
:D Dream fulfilled. Enter The TURBO BUSA BASTID 550 horses. 330 rear tire. 4 in extened swing arm. Air ride.AMS 1000 air management system for Boost Control.MDS ignition.MDS digital shift light.Sweet mirrors,seat,levers,billet this,anodize that,blah blah blah.Whats important...HD valve springs,stainless vales,Crower rods,Woessner turbo pistons,main bearings,HD output shaft,no jack here,race cut gears,shift forks,2 stage lock up clutch,billet clutch hub and cover,qwik access cover,ceramic coated dump pipes,black anodized air box,Zero Gravity,Hustler,Hot Bodies,RC comp,Ultra,Pazzo,Universal,blah blah blah. 67,ooo invested by previous owner..I paid...:firing:

Rubb me

My first Busa, 2001. Few mods: Yosh carbon slip-ons, heated grips, double-bubble screen, gear indicator, TRE. Traded it in on the 2005 below.

My second Busa, 2005. Same mods as I moved them over from the 2001: Yosh carbon slip-ons, heated grips, double-bubble screen, gear indicator, TRE.

First 2008 B-King... traded the 05 Busa in on it as I was looking for something more comfortable. Mods: Yosh slip-on, Yosh fender eliminator, heated grips, TRE, Suzuki factory headlight cowl.

Traded the first King in on a Bonneville to build a side-car rig for my new daughter to enjoy. Ended up missing the fury of the 1340ccs so I part-traded a 1999 TL1000R I had and some cash for another B-King. Minor mods: heated grips, HID headlight, homemade fender eliminator, Area-P slip-on.

Met some crazy dude through the .org who traded me his 2009 Busa for my B-King and a bit of cash. :D It had 4-1 Yosh exhaust, heated grips, Helibar risers, double-bubble screen, etc.

Sold Rubb's Busa to a local cop who was able to actually use it without fear of jail time (Do as I say! Not as I do!)... why? Because my first B-King had popped up for sale and I wanted it back! So I bought it. Again.

I also let it go again this time last year while downsizing for a move. I listed everything I owned for sale and what sold, sold... what didn't is still with me. So yeah, I'm Busa-less for now... but that could change when the Gen3 bike appears! What? Why are you all laughing? A Gen3 could happen! It really could! :p

Back