99 Hayabusa with 5600 miles, whats it worth?

isolatos

Registered
Hi. I am new to the forum. I purchased a 99 Hayabusa with 5500 miles on it. It had been lightly laid down on the right side. It had the copper fairings(which I have for sale). I purchased a set of 03 fairings locally (2 tone silver) and converted to the in tank pump. The fairings have a few scratches from storage, but no rash. The bike has a clean/clear Michigan title. Just wondering what you guys think its worth? My guess is $5500-6000. It is totally stock with new Bridgestone BT-016's. Thanks-Brian

post pictures. clean title?

P.S. Just bought it, gonna fix it up and resell?

Here are pics. Thanks for the feedback!

image-2906382605.jpg

image-1708034420.jpg

thats the 1st thing :laugh: 2nd you guestimation is way off. The only you could ask that kinda price for that bike was if it was in excellent condition. The 99-00 is rare and could go for a good amount but with the trademark copper fairings jacked and you modded the fuel tank and slapped on another years fairings I dont see you getting more than $4500 unless its a total sucker that has no idea what he's buying :whistle:

Original copper busas are becoming legitimally collectable. But they need to be bone stock low miles in excellent shape to bring a premium from the right buyer. I think to the right buyer a excellent example would bring as much as 9 or 10 k. As described there would be no premium at this age.

Original copper busas are becoming legitimally collectable. But they need to be bone stock low miles in excellent shape to bring a premium from the right buyer. I think to the right buyer a excellent example would bring as much as 9 or 10 k. As described there would be no premium at this age.

So true bone stock and no modifications or damage and copper are going for big money only because you can't find them any more

I dont know if you can get that much but its kinda like what happened with the old muscle cars. Everybody was modding them and swapping parts to make em go faster and all of a sudden collectors were clamoring for unmolested cars and offering big $$

A almost 14 year old bike that is not original. Not what most buyers would want.

Sitting for that long and not being used is not the best thing for them either.
All the brake lines, hoses, gaskets, etc. would need to be replaced too.

If you spend money on that it lowers your profit.

So did you paint the copper colored tank? Or did you get that with the fairings?
Did you sell the copper colored fairings?
Might have been better to repair those and keep it closer to original.

Hind sight is 20-20, right?
Live and learn.

Good luck trying to sell it at a higher price because it is a 1999.
One more thing is this might not be the best time to try and sell it.
Everybody has Black Friday deals on there minds and that might not qualify as one.
Especially if they look at 5-8 years newer and can get a totally stock one never laid down for the same price or less.

JMHO

Back