2002 Hayabusa ~37,000 miles...worth?

Firebirdman469

Registered
I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this question...

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2002 silver/dark silver Hayabusa with ~37,000 miles for $3,000. I was wondering if it is a decent deal or not?!?!

Here are the pros:
-1 owner
-Never been dropped
-Power Commander
-Newer Avon tires
-Newer EBC brakes
-Newer battery
-Chrome triple tree
-Chrome wheels
-Custom gel seat
-Chrome gauge bezel
-1 1/2" risers
-16 tooth sprocket
-Oil changed every 3,000 miles like clockwork

Here are the cons:
-37,000 miles
-Right mid fairing has scratches and a crack from hitting a turkey (bike has never been dropped though)
-Rear chrome wheel has some "pitting"
-Other small miscellaneous scratches on rear tail

So what do you guys think? Is it worth it?

If I wanted to get it to where I would like it cosmetically, I'd have to replace the right mid fairing, do some touch-u work to the tail, and possibly swap out the rear chrome rim...Is it worth it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

-James

Last edited:
Hey, I have bought and sold over 100 Busa's... Times now are tough and you can get a very nice Busa ( Stock ) with less then 5000 miles for around $5500.00 The 02 isn't a bad deal... But you can do much better. Good Luck

Hey, I have bought and sold over 100 Busa's... Times now are tough and you can get a very nice Busa ( Stock ) with less then 5000 miles for around $5500.00 The 02 isn't a bad deal... But you can do much better. Good Luck

Thanks for the input! For some reason, here in Michigan, Busas go for a premium. I have yet to find one under $6,000 with less than 10,000 miles... I really wish I could though. I sold my R6 this past summer in anticipation of getting a Busa, but it's been difficult finding a good deal on one.

This is by far the best deal (IMHO) that I've found locally, and I'm starting to get impatient...haha.

If $3000 is your max budget, that's a fair deal. That mileage is still pretty low if all it is that's an issue is little cosmetic stuff.

I'm swimming through CraigsList & CycleTrader lately and no one rides these bikes. Everything has super-low mileage.

The engines are bulletproof, 37k is nothing, especially with regular maintenance. I'de be willing to bet the valves don't even need adjusted. $3k is a good deal. I'de buy it.

The engines are bulletproof, 37k is nothing, especially with regular maintenance. I'de be willing to bet the valves don't even need adjusted. $3k is a good deal. I'de buy it.

The valves were adjusted last summer, and he also replaced the master and slave seals at the same time.

Do any of you know the best place to buy OEM fairings? I know that the silver/dark silver color was only offered in 2002... Any ideas?

Do any of you know the best place to buy OEM fairings? I know that the silver/dark silver color was only offered in 2002... Any ideas?

I'm not sure, but this is discussed here often. Someone will eventually post a link for you, or you can use the search function. One of the site sponsors HondaEastJustin is a Suzuki dealer and gives some good prices on those here too.

i gave 4 for my 05, second gear is iffy, and is prolly 8 out of 10 on looks, but my bike is goin to in to get the tranny fixed next month then it will be near perfect

thats a very fair price if it don,t have any tranny issues as far as mileage don,t worry about it my 05 busa has almost 50,000 miles uses no oil still has stock clutch.

yea thats not that many miles on that engine. as far as faring swap goes. if the stock plastic is ok, just have it painted to suit. new oem plastic is way $$$$$!

if you like it, go for it.
better than the +10k i paid for Bessie. although shes worth every penny:rulez:

i have an 02 and it has 15000 on it. i paid 3500.00 for her. i know locally here there is an 06 or 07 for 5500.00 with next to no miles on it.

Back