What are your thoughts on this Hayabusa?

dx3

Registered
Guys,

In my search to find the right bike, I came across a local bike that piqued my interest.

It's a 2007 with 5800 miles. Bad part - salvage title. He wanted $5800, but said he would take $5500. Apparently all that was damaged was the fairings and they were replaced with OEM fairings.

So is an 07 with 5800 miles worth $5500. I will want to lower it, and add an exhaust - so then I am at about $6800 which makes me think it's not such a good deal. So -I come to you guys.

As many have read, I am looking for a Gen I black only or the phantom grey only - no tutone bikes. I am having trouble finding one.

Here is the bike in question

hayabusa4.jpg

hayabusa1.jpg

Thoughts?
Jonny

I like it and the price seems ok for the condition of the bike ,price seems ok for a salvaged title could be better 4500-4700 imo . As for cost of mods that shouldn't have anything to do with the purchase price. You going to have trouble finding a Gen1 without a twotone paint job, could get it painted yourself.:laugh: Should be able to find a clean gen 1 with a full exhaust for about 6K or 6,800 is there a lack of Busa's in your area, they all over the place here.

Unless you are able to take a really good look at it, I would not even consider a salvage title bike.

Check with your local DMV or state trooper office and see what their polices are in regards to getting a clean title. That would the deciding factor for me. If I could get a clean title for a very small fee and a little paperwork, then I think good deal if everything else about the bike is good to go. Good luck.

It's had some powder coating, something I want to do, Stator cover looks damaged, how about the rear seat and grab bar ???

I would stay away from it because the salvage title, and price should be lower imo. I seen an 07 with a salvage title for 4000 before, but it had a lil more damage to it

+1 on the car fax thing. It Maybe on there. Also find out the shop he had work done at and then go talk to them with te VIN they often keep records. There are ways to clean salvage titles and it can be worth it if the bike is correctly repaired. Also the price is high IMHO for a salvage. Do research for sure.

I would steer clear of a salvage title bike.. you never really know what you are getting, plus just thinking of the future if and when you ever go to sell it you will have to find someone else that doesn't care if it's a salvage title bike. Plus some states require extra inspections before they will issue plates to a salvage title vehilce. Just some stuff to think about.

I would get it if it wasnt a slavaged title. That just throws up a red flag at the start. There might be damages you arent aware of. Patience is a good thing, so I would find another bike. The right busa will come along.

Run the case #'s against vin #. From the riders right, standing by the rear tire, it will be on the exposed part of the engine case. If it has been ground off just walk awaym
Posted via Mobile Device

Be patient Bro , No need to get something you might not be happy with. Something good will come your way. :thumbsup:

I don't think anybody mention insurance yet. Better check with you insurance co. Mine asked me about mine. They won't insure salvage bike. They don't know what they are insuring. Like is the bike safe....

I would offer him 4,000 because of the salvage title. He will not take it most likely. Call him back down the road or he may call you back to take the deal because he will not be able to sell a salvage title bike for over 4500 to anyone who knows better.

I would not buy that bike for over 4,000. There are a lot better deals out there.

Be patient pal,dont buy and live in regrets.

The name salvage title says it all

Back