96-99 gsxr ( SRAD ).

Kat99

Registered
Anyone here ride one ever. Im sure someone on here has. What do they handle like?? My buddy had a 98 SRAD 750, said it felt quite light in the corners.

One of the reasons im asking is there is a local guy , selling a 98 SRAD 750 it has a blown piston, but the body and everything else is mint. Im thinking of picking it up and working on it over the winter. I live in a Condo building so no work permitted undergroud parking but the engine is already out of the bike.

What do you guys think?

I had a 97 600 and I loved it. It was also my first bike.

They had faulty cam chaine tensioners but other than that and some electrical gremlims and changing plugs a few times a year it was trouble free some time around 98 I believe they went fi.
Posted via Mobile Device

it's a bike, throw down a sheet of plywood and park it inside the condo. unless you're on the second floor, then you're f'd.

I just sold my 96 750 in June. Awesome bike. The only issues I have heard and experienced with them was a hot start issue. Very agile and dominant when it was released back in 96. Changed to fi in 98 otherwise pretty much unchanged. Highly recommended!

driveway pics 005.jpg

Check the availability of parts. It may be a sweet find if the price is right or it may be a pain to keep up with a 11 year old bike.

I just sold my 96 750 in June. Awesome bike. The only issues I have heard and experienced with them was a hot start issue. Very agile and dominant when it was released back in 96. Changed to fi in 98 otherwise pretty much unchanged. Highly recommended!

Gold ones were nice. Only ever seen one or two. Mine was yellow and black.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back