Angel Eye's Setup...

TMan05

Registered
I searched through the forum and have found some info but was wondering if anybody had a success story for installing them on a Gen2 with an already existing HID (DDM) Setup. Wanted to make sure before possibly buying the angel eyes that the HIDs would not melt the LED Angel eyes. Also was wondering how difficult it is to separate headlight, the steps involved, and if anybody did a walkthrough...

Thanks as always to everyone on this forum as it is always an abundance of information!

T

P.S. here's the ones I want to buy... The only thing is I just want the lower one not both...I don't know we'll see..

Angel Eyes Suzuki GSX-R 600 750 1000 GSXR HALO SRAD | eBay

I have installed 2 sets on my own gen2 but they were the glass neon angel eyes, and i also have hids but didnt have to worry about melting with the glass halos. As far as seperating the headlight I opted to use a heat gun as to putting the whole thing in the oven. i felt i had more control of the process that way. its pretty simple, heat up where the two headlight halves meet and use a screw driver to seperate the two pieces as you heat the adhesive that holds the two pieces together. The first inital time you do this is a pain in the a$$, but i have had mine apart 3 or 4 times and it wasnt as hard as the first. once your finished with the install of the halos just put the halves back together and heat them up at the seams while pressing it together, good as new. i believe there is a great how to video on you tube, thats what i watched before doing mine. i will see if i can find the video, here is a link to a gsxr headlight, same process, there are two parts, this is only part 1,

DSCN0137.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your headlight looks sick!! I can't wait to muster up the courage to do mine. I am nervous I'm gonna ruin the headlight or something. What did u do to get the headlight out as far as fairings removal, etc.

Your headlight looks sick!! I can't wait to muster up the courage to do mine. I am nervous I'm gonna ruin the headlight or something. What did u do to get the headlight out as far as fairings removal, etc?

removed all fairings up front pretty much, hardest part is getting the nose fairing off that holds the headlight. once you take the windscreen and mirrors off its held on where the mirror bolts go, getting it off almost makes me think I'm going to break it but right at that point it pops off where the mirror bolts go once that is off just have to disconnect the headlight wiring harness from the bike and it comes right off, them the headlight is held on the nose fairing by 4 screws if i remember correctly, remove them and its out, honestly its not hard, and yea it does seem like you are going to break something but it wont, and as far as getting the headlight apart just let the heat gun do its job, don't keep prying at it with the screwdriver, just keep using the heat gun and it'll eventually pull apart with little effort from the screwdriver. just take your time and another thing is when you do get the headlight apart either put the front half in a bag or make sure to wipe any dust or lint that gathered inside of it before reassembly

Last edited:
IRDEATH Thanks for all the great helpful info.

And definitely post some pics if u are doing yours now as well!

Thanks guys!

yes please post some pics. Im interested in doing this but just very very afraid I mite mess something up.. lol..

Yes, please post more pics. All I saw was Megan Fox. :drool:

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Ok more pictures later on. Pretty laid up right now and I have to pull the lense off to get rid of finger prints, doh! It is a real pain, because with a projector retro fitted into the housing, clearance is almost zero between the halo and the lens. Have to replace the top halo already and make some more room somehow...

holy moly.. that looks awesome man. Makes me wanna go home rigth now and start tearing apart my busa :lol: I think when I get around to doing mine I might go with the white halo rings as with the blue ones they might be too blue and cops around here can be ass***** sometimes. How hard was it? Im a noob so trying to see on a scale of 1-10 how hard it be ? also where/who did you order your halo kit from? any complaints on the kit itself or was it fairly easy with good fitting besides your retro projector clearance I read about in the above post ? sorry for all the quesiton just trying to get a better idea of how you went about doing the install and buy a reliable halo kit. thx.

LOL....how bad is it when I don't even notice the female sexy eye candy any longer and instead only see motorcycle stuff?

bummer, just checked his site and its a single halo hid kit but only for 99-07 busa's. :banghead: I may be wrong so if anyone does come across a descent glow kit please do let me know. thanks. I have a 08 busa and wanted to go with dual halo's hi and low beams. I ordered HID's which just arrived today but am gonna get everything together before I take the bike apart and do everything all at once to save time and hassle fo taking the fairings on n off a few times. Im act. gonna be doing a hi and low beam hid kit 6000K a led glow kit all over the bike and dual halo's in the headlight. I know i know none of this is anygood without any pics. I will get a bunch of pics. up day n night shots once I get around to finding exactly the kits I want for the halo and glow kits and have installed them.

Pashnit has a set up for sale that looks good , :beerchug:

I think I may just do the high beam/lower projector light. That way I can ride around with it on all the time... we'll see... So nervous to buy it and then chicken out taken the lens apart!

anybody check into the site i posted up if those are good quality... they are only 60 something bucks plus shipping...?

Back