9 month old bike not covered by warrenty

ratedpg89

Registered
i just got off the phone with suzuki america for the second time in a week. i took my 06 limited in three weeks ago for it popping out of gear. last week the dealer that is working on it called and said it was due to the gears in the tranny being rounded off. they also so said that it was "started by a missed shift" but until i ok'ed them that i would foot the bill for the engine removal and dismantling they couldnt know for sure. i called suzuki and they said basicly the same thing.
the dealer called today and said the gears are rounded and the shift fork is bent. this from a missed shift they say. the suzuki rep Steve said that they would not cover it due to being rider error.
i told him that it was my third hayabusa and that the last one had over 30,000 miles on it. i told him that it was my sport tourer and never had been thrashed.this bike is 9 months old and has just over 9,000 miles on it.
i am stunned that its not covered the dealer quoted me 2000 dollars to repair it.
am i being crazy for thinking they should cover this? its not like i forgot how to ride since my last bike. steve basicly didnt give a rats about anything i said. he just kept repeating that they wouldnt cover it.
am i being stupid in thinking they should cover this? any ideas from anyone on how to get some help from them?

Not sure who had this same problem recently here on the board, but it seems like it was GunnyBusa.. I remember that he was able to get it resolved through his dealer under warranty.. Might send him a PM and ask ??

i feel terrible for your situation. i dont know how to help because as of yet, i havent had issues. i worry about it though. when i bought my 07, they asked if i wanted to purchase the extended warranty. i said "are you kidding me, suzuki doesnt even honor their 1 yr warranty, and you expect me to believe you will honor yours?!" give us a break suzuki. not every trans problem is a riders error causing it. this is ridiculous. hope someone can assist you with some options.for the money we spend on these machines, they should honor their warranties. no exceptions or excuses!

Absolutely they should f/n cover it! 2nd gear issues are no fantasy and they know it!
This is why I would NEVER waste my $$ on an extended warrantee! NOTHING is ever covered!!!

This seems typical of what I have heard about Suzuki...

The slogan seems to be if Suzuki did it they will cover it, and if the rider did it they will not.

Suzuki will hold the position that they did not miss the shift.
guns.gif

This is why I would NEVER waste my $$ on an extended warrantee!  NOTHING is ever covered!!!
Welcome to Suzuki, and Kawasaki, for that matter.
It's ALWAYS going to be the consumer's fault!

I agree with B on this one too.
They don't cover shyt under the original warrantee, why would I wanna extend it?

Suzuki waranty is bs PEROID. I had a problem with a dealer once and american suzuki did not have my back like they should have. The dealer was trying to get 2 hours extra for a repair that went over waranty book time. Hey, that wasn't my problem. It was the dealers and when I called american suzuki to get it right I was told that that was between me and the dealer. I said BS!! I'm covered for parts and labor. That what the waranty says so I aint paying shid. Its not my fault they went over book time. How could you say I'm covered for parts and labor then do nothing when one of your dealers wont give me my bike till I pay $200 extra because they messed up. What did they give it to a helper. I got my bike back and paid nothing but it was after about 2 hours worth of calls to American suzuki. I love their product but their waranty is terrible.

I had a similar problem a few years back with another brand and another problem ..
I told em if they were not going to honor their warrenty I wanted my money back for the extended I had bought ..
They decided to fix the problem
These warrenty guys factory reps whatever are sometimes like insurance adjusters ,They tell every body "no" and see who comes back fighting .
Some people will just accept the "no"
Sometimes all it takes is a letter from your lawyer . Its a shame it has to be that way.

Alot of it also has to do with the particular dealer. If the rep has issues with the service mannager, he'll deny almost every claim and give a hastle about everything. Regardless of whether or not it SHOULD be covered. I know this because I work in a shop. (automotive, not suzuki) but the principal is still the same. Just raise enough hell and they'll probably finally cave. But it most likely won't be easy. Just don't take no for answer.

They ALWAYS call "rider error", and what sucks is you can't dispute it !!!!!
guns.gif
guns.gif
But what really kills me is why did most of us get Busa's ? Baecause of what OWNERS were saying, (at least I did) not because what they were saying on a comercial. I guess they can be that way.....look at how loyal we STILL are to Suzki.

guns.gif

Call yhe better business bureau and send Oprah a email! They will get you some help! In N.C. you can call ACTION 9 for things like this, do your local TV station have such a thing?

Hey alot of tranny probs go thru here! The second gear gone again is the most. Does anyone know for sure that this just happens or is it from maybe a failed attempt of a wheelie, or A stabb at a ZX Grill. If they just chew themselves up for no reason, 4 SURE
rock.gif
I for one will do what ever you think we should to make Zuki own up! All though they will probably Go broke!

Not sure who had this same problem recently here on the board, but it seems like it was GunnyBusa.. I remember that he was able to get it resolved through his dealer under warranty.. Might send him a PM and ask ??
Gunny did have his fixed under extended warranty but it was with Western Service Contract Corp. I believe, not Suzuki SEP.

i say:
copy this thread n LINK IT to an email n fire it off to this Suzuki rep-let him read WHY we dont waste $$ on their ext. warranties, WHY we never trust their service dept.s unless the mechanic is a blood relative, and WHY I BOUGHT A USED BUSA-BECAUSE SUZUKI WARANTIES ARE ABOUT AS GOOD AS THEIR 2ND GEARS!!!
guns.gif

My turbo bike just did this. I'm also repairing the same problem for a member here (Basscrazy) on his 06'.  
I know it sucks but DON'T USE OEM PARTS ON THE REBUILD except for the shifting forks.  Remove your engine and have someone remove your transmission. Send it to  FastByGast and get the billet steel first&second gears and have the trans gears undercut.  The billet steel gears will resist rounding.  Also, check with Brock or APE and get some HeavyDuty shift shafts. The shift forks will have to be OEM stuff. Think of the shift forks as a type of a fuseable link. You want the forks to bend first to avoid a major trans meltdown.   This may turn into a $1500 fix but it'll make the trans damn near bullet proof. I highly suggest it as the Busa's factory trans is weak.

You can use oem gears, but you need to have them undercut! A few bike that i have fixed we where able to undercut the stock gears even after there was a problem!

I bought a used Busa (more like neglected, 2300 miles in 2006 on a 2003!) and they suckered me into the extended warranty. What can I say, first bike.

So what exactly, based on experience, does the extended warranty actually cover??
rock.gif

Am having my trans. redone as we speak(along with a 6" over arm,tail,RCC Stage 1 turbo,air shifter,etc.)because of the 2nd gear and had never missed a shift(possibly the several 1000 power shifts had something to do with it).I also have the extended bullshit warranty that doesn't cover anything(failed to read the extra fine print on the back),goddamn crooks.
guns.gif

Back