'06 busa fork seal not covered by warranty

Mojave Mike

Registered
About 2 weeks after I got my new Busa, I noticed an oil leak from the left fork (mentioned in another post). I phoned Berts Mega Mall on the 9th July about it, and made an appointment for the 31st to bring it in..that was the earliest date they could look at the bike !! now they tell me that fork seals are not covered by Suzuki warranty..wtf.."why" ? I said..because fork seals are easily damaged by doing wheelies..I don't do f*cking wheelies !!..I ride it like an old lady !...anyway after a brief argument they said the'll see what they can do..but I had to sign a work sheet for $250 for replacement seal if Suzuki don't go for it..
This is real crappy..the bike at the time of the phone call had only 500 miles on it..it has 1600 now. I have spent $18,000 there in the last 10 months on new bikes.
Is this common practice in the motorcycle industry not to cover fork seals under 12 month warranty ?

Mike

Show them where you have provided "real" business. Most reasonable manager will look at the left hand side of the decimal point not the right!!!!

Hopefully your post informs others where "not" to buy a bike.
mad.gif

I think Suzuki covers forkseals 1 time during the warranty period. That's what I was told by the service manager ay my place.

Dude, those guys are so full of ####, they smell bad. My dealer tried the same BS on my first Busa and I said, give me the name of your Suzuki Rep and his phone number. In the meantime, pull the warranty and show me where fork seals are not covered under warranty. If it so states in the warranty, no problem, if not, we have a problem. The service manager immediately told me he would go ahead and turn it in under warranty and see what Suzuki said. Never heard a word back. They replaced the seal and that was the end of that.

Since that time I have replaced several fork seals under warranty and they have never questioned me since. Actually, so I understand, Suzuki will replace the first seal without question. If there is a second seal under warranty, then they may question it.

The ticket is, the dealer gets both you and Suzuki to pay for the seal replacement. Don't let those guys #### you, the charge Suzuki for the seal repair as well as get you to pay for it.

Just tell the dealer you need the name and phone number of their Suzuki Rep and talk to him. He will take care of you! But I'll bet you ten bucks the dealer won't give you his name or number and will replace the seal at no charge? Just a hunch!

Dealers like that get my dander up!
mad.gif

As a manager for a dealership I will tell you that your service warranty is only as good as your dealer is. They can fight Suzuki and get most anything covered.
Tell them that if they want your business they will cover it. If not you'll tell everyone how you got fu**ed by them. Simple. Gives them the opportunity to take care of you or lose you. Its obvious to me that their Service manager sucks the #### from a dead sewer rats ass.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154405133 -->

My K6 1000 develped a leaky seak but I also found a burr on the fork , obviously from road debris.

My dealer told me hed run it thru warranty but Suzuki may not cover it ...he said because my year was almost up Suzuki might not cover it.

I opted to fix it myself... still leaking...so now I slapped on another fork. $200 into it so far.

I noticed the other fork is getting greasy now ..so that seal is probably gonna go soon too.
sad.gif

Ive just had alot of debris and crap hit my bike, the forks, headlamp, fender and nose are all pretty
dang pitted up, I am just about to 10K miles on it.

Back