7000th post...

Nice.. congrats.. I'm assuming your going on to a second career now?

either way.. sounds like you were in the right place at the right time.. in other words... blessed.

course after 15 yrs with em' you've earned whatever the agreement is.
biggrin.gif

Well guys/gals, this is it!! The moment I've been waiting for, so I meticulously decided to use my 7000th post as the milestone. Today, Aug. 18th, 2005 is officially my LAST DAY of work for ConocoPhillips. I've been working here as a Lab Analyst for 15+ years and now the day has come to say goodbye. I didn't make a spectacle out of my situation, but for those of you who don't know, my position was deleted because a new company purchased us. The new company offered me two jobs in New Orleans, but the money wasn't quite what I wanted to actually move to New Orleans. So I decided to take early retirement with COP (this is how it's listed on the NYSE...) and receive my severence package. Kinda funny because I'm not quite 40 yrs. old and I'm retiring...
biggrin.gif
I've never talked about it because I actually view all this as a blessing. I've been contemplating leaving the company for a couple years now, and now I can do it and put some major change in my pocket to boot. I'm sitting pretty good financially (maybe it's because I'm not married...
laugh.gif
), and I have other plans anyway. I've been interviewing and testing with other companies primarily in the Houston, TX area because most of my family already lives there. I'm sharing all this because it marks a pivotal time in my life and I figured why not share my thoughts at this particular moment with the people that I've grown to know as "FAMILY...", because I do consider you guys a family. It's been fun, but you all won't see much of me around for the next couple of weeks anyway. I don't do much posting at home, and since 90% of all my posts come from work, the well... uhhh... you all can figure that one out.
biggrin.gif
Anyway it's all been fun, and I pray that you guys/gals pray for me while I'm searching for a new career. It's been real...

Brian... member since 6/02
Congrats on your 7000th post mate
beerchug.gif

Happy for you mate. Looks like life is going your way....
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Sounds like a great deal to me. I would have done the same thing if in your position. Good luck as you enter this new phase in your career. P.S. The Busa is great therapy when you need to just get away on the open road to clear the head for such big decisions isn't it?

Take care, enjoy life a little. How bout renting a Fun Mover for a few months, loading the bike up and travelling the country? I know we would all like to meet a board member in person.......

Can you give me some tips about retiring early? I am only 22 and would love to retire that early.

bacharles - Best of luck to you, and I really hope you find something that pays good, and the fellow co-workers will all be Busa riders.
wink.gif

You guys are great. Thanx again for all the replies. Funny thing just happened though. The new company that has taken over has asked me to stay on for a few months (at least) as a Consultant. Mind you... they are paying me quite a bit more for my services. I've already given them the nod and will hang around here at least until the consultations are over...
biggrin.gif

All the best Brian... I can relate to retiring early.. I'll was supposed to retire from the Army at the age of 38...
Decided to swap lifestyles and join the Police. Keep looking around, you'll find something..Don't twiddle yuor thumbs at home, you'll crack up..

Well done at 7000th

Back