Just need some extra help

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Today I drove my Dad to UVA to start clinical trials of IL-2 for his cancer. He's been battling it for two years, exhausted just about every other treatment known. This one holds a lot of promise, but it's tough on your body. He's in for a long week, and I had to leave him to work this week, but hope he's up for a visit on Thursday because it's OUR birthday. I hope to take the nearly 3 hour ride up on my Busa to help celebrate if he's up for company.

Anyway, I've held myself together for a long time, but today, and *this* has hit me so hard. I just ask for some extra help here, some good vibes, thoughts, prayers for my Dad because we haven't taken any long trips on the scooters yet and I'm so close to convincing him to go. I need him here for years to come, my kids need him here...just having a tough time...

Thanks guys and gals...
Michelle

Via DROID X

Good thouhts and best wishes to your dad and you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Michelle , Prayers to You and Your Father ! I hope everything works out for the best , Positive thinking goes along way in troubled times . Remember to keep the Faith and all will be well . God Bless

Today I drove my Dad to UVA to start clinical trials of IL-2 for his cancer. He's been battling it for two years, exhausted just about every other treatment known. This one holds a lot of promise, but it's tough on your body. He's in for a long week, and I had to leave him to work this week, but hope he's up for a visit on Thursday because it's OUR birthday. I hope to take the nearly 3 hour ride up on my Busa to help celebrate if he's up for company.

Anyway, I've held myself together for a long time, but today, and *this* has hit me so hard. I just ask for some extra help here, some good vibes, thoughts, prayers for my Dad because we haven't taken any long trips on the scooters yet and I'm so close to convincing him to go. I need him here for years to come, my kids need him here...just having a tough time...

Thanks guys and gals...
Michelle

Via DROID X

'Chelle, if you need anything, give me a call, I'm PMing you my number. I'm 30 minutes from UVA, less if I'm rushing. I'll do what I can to help.

Vabs I pray your Dad will beat the cancer and that the burdens on your heart will also be lifted. We're here if you need us.

I've been where you are. Went through throat cancer with my mom 3 years ago. It's a long hard road. She is cancer free as of this time. Both of you will definately be in my prayers. If you need anything, even just to vent, I'm available 24 hrs a day.

My prayers are with you Michelle. I lost my older sister Susie to Lukemia in May of 08'. I know the ups and downs that can come with Cancer treatment.

Hello shell GOD BLESS u and your family. Allways keep the faith, you know GOD will do what is best. He will make it work no matter what put it in his hands, and trust him to take care of it, he will i promise.....:bowdown:

Michelle, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. My mother knows a ton of folks up there, specifically in that department, she has a masters in oncology pain management from UVA. Nothing but good thoughts for you & your dad. :bowdown:

thoughts and prayers for both of you. Just call if you need an ear. you have been there for me I am here for you dear.
Praying for the both of you. Make that all of you

Hang in there, girl!

Prayers sent for good results from his therapy.

Just be safe on your ride.

Back